Poll: which one should i go for?
Poll Options
View poll results: which one should i go for?
1st one
4 27%
2nd one
1 7%
3rd one
1 7%
other (please specify)
9 60%
Voters: 15.
im trying to do work on my squier showmaster, i never really use it so i want to do something distinctive with it, so for starters im going to change the body shape.

i made up a few massy images in paint with a pic off a squier strat, which is pretty close to what i have (except no pickguard on my guitar) they are a bit messed up but you get the general idea...

and if anyone has any suggestions as to other body styles id appreciate it a lot
Attachments:
BCrich style1.JPG
des1.JPG
oddstyle1.JPG
no offense, but they look shit with the squier pickguard and stuff. id say leave it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Oh. My. God. You are crazy. Leave thet guitar alone!! It's not going to look good with that pickguard on!
i dunno - i wouldnt just start sawing things off the body... if i were you i would try refinishing it or something. imho usually those kind of projects dont produce the desired results.
or you could try "ageing" the body...

but the bcrich one looks best to me

edit: i think he said his guitar doesnt have a pickguard
Ibanez K7
JCM 800
yeh he said it didn't have a pickguard on. If i wwere you i'd take the guitar to a guitar shop and ask how much they'd give u for it and buy something else a guitar, a pedal even pickups! this job isn't worth it. u will get next to nothing for it if you sell it after the sawing has been done
Quote by mrperson
yeh he said it didn't have a pickguard on. If i wwere you i'd take the guitar to a guitar shop and ask how much they'd give u for it and buy something else a guitar, a pedal even pickups! this job isn't worth it. u will get next to nothing for it if you sell it after the sawing has been done

i get next to nothing now, it isnt worth the petrol costs of taking it to a shop. this guitar was damaged when i bought it, (£45 as a beginner guitar) and now im fed up with it so i want to do something interesting with it
i wont be able to sell this junk on ebay, it isnt even worth the P&P, i really wanna do something with the body though.
Do whatever you want with it...
I wouldn't advise it, nor would anyone else here...but hack away, It's your guitar man.

If it's not worth anything to you, I'd sell it to some kid who wants to learn how to play. Get a few bucks for it and buy a peadal or somthing.
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Paint it or something

actually i changed my mind about the body mod anyways, im just gonna get new pickups and a paintjob
Look at my sig for the results of hacking away randomly at a guitar.
I LOVE that guitar Stewey. My jaw dropped. Anyway, probably a good choice with the pups and paint.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
No offence, but those are three of the ugliest guitar shapes I've ever seen.

Make it look like this.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
No offence, but those are three of the ugliest guitar shapes I've ever seen.

Make it look like this.

lol it doesnt matter anymore, i just finished sanding down the front of the guitar, it looks awesome as it is now.

i just sanded the paint off the front and now its a natural finish with black binding and looks very awesome, and i cant bring myself to repaint it.
A happy ending.

You should put a clear coat over the front to keep the wood from getting gross and all scratched up.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
CLEAR COAT FTfrickin'W

And gold hardwares.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
aaah
where is
d) none of the above

im sorry...but that looks like crap
i personally like the strat body style

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009