ok iv played standing up for a while and i can play it easily.

But i need a length to keep it at!

I can play most lengths except really REALLY low!!

But im in a band so it cant look dumb!

So anyone got any ideas i been watching a few bands and some pop punk bands play it high but like hold the guitar on the side of there hip not on there crotch, are you meant to do that or am i doing it wrong?
Aw come on! Play it in the most comfortable position. I also play in a band, and as I often play lead parts, I have my guitar pretty high. Just go for your intuition.
Quote by binjajer
Aw come on! Play it in the most comfortable position. I also play in a band, and as I often play lead parts, I have my guitar pretty high. Just go for your intuition.

lol... i find playing lead easy with the guitar low.. its when i'm playing barre chords that it hurts if i don't have the guitar high up...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Listen to these people. Don't sacrifice comfort for "looking good"...if you have it at such a level you think looks cool it's gonna do nothing but hinder you if you are struggling to play the songs.

So keep it where it feels best and ignore trendy stances.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Screw everybody else's opinion of cool, man. Honestly, who cares about everybody else? That's have of what a band can be about.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
wht ever suites you best. Usually so your strumming arm is just over 90 degrees. But not too high, or you'll look like a right gay.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Since when did having your guitar dangling at your ankles become cool? I'll bet Mick Thompson started it.
I think it would be cool if you had it really high up there and just stood there. People would think you look funny, but if you play well then they will be surprised
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Quote by tristan123/
But not too high, or you'll look like a right gay.

That was probably the most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum, as far as I'm concerned you should be shot for typing something such as that.

ON TOPIC: Just wear it at a comfortable height, it doesn't matter if you look cool, if you can play the guitar, that's usually enough for most people to think you're cool :P:
Plenty of popular guitarists wear their guitars up high. Tom Morello is probably the best example. Although in my opinion he looks like a T-rex with stubby little arms when he's playing. Does it matter? Not at all considering his skill level.

Do what's comfortable. Besides that you'll only really look like a goof it you've got the bottom of your guitar higher than your belt. Then again it might be appropriate if your band does a lot of beatles covers.
Quote by jonnyguitarman
Have it wherever your most comfortable. F**k what everyone else thinks

+1
I play around the middle by my stomache, and whats the ****ing point, having a guitar strap these days make you look cool wtf?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
You're supposed to play so low that the guitar is touching your foot. It's the only way to go now a days.
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Marshall MG series 250 DFX
I like to have my picking hand picking around my belt(waist).... but that's just a matter of preference and comfort.... I'd say, go as low as you can without loosing even 1% of comfort.... it'll look "cool" but it won't affect your playing.... waist height is good for me!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
tiny bit below waist hight.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Just put it where its comfortable or as low as you can while still being able to play perfectly comfortble
My guitar is as high as petruccie has his...

Who cares? Is playing in a band all about image? No...in some respects.

It's more about playing music and having fun.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
its hard for me to keeps my fingers goin in the right spot when mhy guitar is all low so, yea whatever is comfortable to play at
Quote by Invictious
Wha...? Ask the local guitar shop for servicing?
They are ugly and bastards there though...
£30

That's outrageous.
Their penis is small too, and I am not that desperate
No thanks.
Quote by tristan123/
wht ever suites you best. Usually so your strumming arm is just over 90 degrees. But not too high, or you'll look like a right gay.

Until he out plays your sloppy guitar-at-ankles playing. Music is about music. Image does matter when on stage, but the music comes first you meathead.