Who likes The Zombies?

Damn they are sooo underated. 'Time of the season' has to be one of the best pop songs of the 60's. Excellent harmonies and melodys and quality organ solos.

Better than the Beatles? probably. Well at least up till' they released Rubber Soul.
radio_schizo, I'll agree with you, that is a sweet song. In fact it's probably one of my favorite songs from the 60s and 70s.

It's also the only one I can remember by them right now, lol

Maybe comparisons to the Beatles is a little hasty, but I prefer the Beatles from Help on where they were playing far more interesting music and as I said, I can only remember that one song by the Zombies so far, lol.
Great song, I haven't heard much from the band, so some music links might be a appreciated. But I think the two bands that dominated the charts in the 70s we're The Beatles and Led Zeppelin. But I think that song is pretty close to being my fav of the 60s
I just got Odessey & Oracle and i'm seriously not sure which band I think is better between them and the Beatles. If it wasn't for the fact that the Beatles released so much more awesome stuff..
I love this band. Odessey & Oracle is ace.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Odessey & Oracle is such a fantastic album. The Zombies are just a tier below the Beach Boys for me when it comes to pop bands and vocal harmonies.

The Beatles are of course first, but that's besides the point.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
the zombies are a cool band, much more jazz influenced than the beatles, its a shame they didnt make more great music. i love she's not there
yeah they are an awesome band i havent actually got any of there cds yet but i will be soon
I've only heard a few songs by them, but them seem really excellent. 'Tell Her No' and 'The Butchers Tale(?)' are very, very good
bump

I've come to the conclusion that Odessey and Oracle is easily one of the greatest albums ever. I know it recieves prasie from critics and such but it's still unjustly underrated, in my opinion.

Are there any other albums by The Zombies that I should pick up?
i was wondering the same thing. is there anything that comes close to matching that album?
The Zombies, familiar with I am. I find their music very good.

Thanks,

Phillip
Hello, my name is Phillip McGraaw

I have PhD in Women's Studies/Immigration trends from University of Texas at Austin.

I am an Indian who immigrated to America 7 years ago. I like Warehouse 13, Twitter, Guitar, etc.