If I was to buy seymours or Dimarzios would I need to do any matching before I buy them or anything like that? Or is that just for hand wounds? Would it be possible to mix and match any 2 pickups? They always say that one pickups tends to go good with another... how is that possible when they are being used at different times... Why for example do they say a super distotion in the bridge goes well with a paf in the neck... can I put a super distortion in the birdge and a seymour in the neck? thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Last edited by Devon8822 at Mar 8, 2007,
yeah, it works just fine

certain pickups fit together better than others for a few reasons;

when used at the same time, they sound good
they're output levels are balanced (the bridge is a bit hotter than the neck)
they're used for the same style of music (you wound't put a Dimarzio X2N with a Mini-Humbucker)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Yes
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Yes

yeah you can mix and match pickups no problem. the reason why people have a super distortion in the bridge and a PAF in the neck is cos the superdistortion will do distortion well but clean poorly and the PAF will do clean well but wont give as much of an aggressive distortion as the super distortion.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX