I just got my F-50 the other day and I like it a lot. I'm going to be adding the EMG 81/85 pickup combo in a few weeks. The F-50 has one volume and one tone knob. With both EMGs together, i'll have two tone and two volume knobs. I was thinking about drilling 2 new holes for an extra volume and tone control. It seems like this would be relatively easy, I'm just not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions?
Why did you bother getting a f-50 just to replace the pickups?

You'd have been better off just saving and buying a higher quality LTD.
it was on sale, and i needed a new guitar asap...with the new pickups it will be awesome
Are you asking how to drill two new holes in your guitar?
That's not hard, just make sure that you have the right sized drill.
Why do you want the extra volume and tone? You can still use the master volume/tone configuration with the EMGs.

EDIT: Adding the two new pots will also probably take up all the empty space that you need for the battery.
Will says:
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club