Ive got a peavey valveking 112 and I will probly have another tube amp that i will be wanting a more metalish sound. What is a overdrive pedal that is good to push a amp to a good metal sound?
i use a TS808 with my blues junior w/ metal muff.

nice classic distortion on top of the ripping metal.
well i'm sometimes playing metal, and i use a boss ds-1
a friend of mine, a real metalhead uses an digitech metal-anything, some kind of black disk-stompbox and a boss metalzone
but james root from slipknot and stone sour even uses a boss od-2 overdrive!!
You only live once, so give a **** and HAVE FUN!!!

Equipment:
Fender Fat Strat HSS
Les Paul Replica
Fender Frontman FM210R with 65watts
Boss DS-1
Korg AX3G Multieffect-Pedal
Quote by skunk182
a friend of mine, a real metalhead uses an digitech metal-anything, some kind of black disk-stompbox and a boss metalzone

This is true, however they use the boos infront of Bogner Uberschalls and Triple Rectifiers.

No Question. B/c you have a tube amp already. Get the Damage Control Solid Metal. Its definitly what your looking for.
Quote by skunk182

This is true, however they use the boss infront of Bogner Uberschalls and Triple Rectifiers.

No Question. B/c you have a tube amp already. Get the Damage Control Solid Metal. Its definitly what your looking for.
Dude, I have the 112 and got the Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde three days ago. This thing is amazing. You can get (almost) any tone for any style of music great on it. It will do metal awesomely. It has two pedals in one. The Jekyll side is a llittle higher gain TS808, and the Hyde side is an awesome sounding distortion. You can use them separately or together for endless possibilities.

I know that sounds like I work for VS, but I don't. I'm just a happy customer.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
when i was looking for an overdrive and distortion pedal, i tried the jekyll and hide, since it came with both. The overdrive is nice, very TS-like, but the downfall was the distortion, it sounded too thin and not enough punch

if you want to push the tubes further, combined with your amp's overdrive, you can get a transparent OD, like skreddy screwdriver, or the RC series, tried those before and its superb at what it does, but then again, boutique stuff tends to be a lil pricy. You can get the a TS if you dont mind the mid hump added to your tone. The DX or TS7 would it good coz you can turn on the hot switch, with more gain.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Last edited by ~Andrea-Angel~ at Mar 9, 2007,