Okay, so I've heard of a master and slave setup a couple times but I'm not sure exactly what it is or how it works.

Are there only certain amps you can do this with? And what are the advantages/disadvantages of a master/slave setup?
Uhh.... l thought it was a rather kinky lifestyle for couples of the more....adventurous...variety....

But I have no idea... Rack gear? Pickup wiring? Hard disk installation? What?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I'm talking about using two guitar amp heads, one as a master, one as a slave.

I don't understand the point of it? If they were decent heads it would cost a bundle too.
I'm guessing that one is just used for an extra poweramp.
Orange Enthousiast.
yeah i know what your talking about. 'slaving' one amps power amp but im not sure what the advantages are.
Ah, yes, I see what you mean I think. I think players like Hendrix and Pete Townshend used to do it back in the day. The idea is,they connect a head into the imput of another head. Two connected.

The first acts like a UBER overdrive, as it obviously sends a higher level signal to the next amps power amp. The result was LOTS more volume, and of course, thick poweramp distortion.

Keep in mind though this was back when rock was emerging, Jim Marshall still hand built the heads, and they weren't designed for gain or volume, like today. They were still single channels that you had to crank for gain.

Not reallly necesary nowadays I don't think, unless you want a really old skool authentic sound.

I hope that's what you mean, anyway....
Last edited by Vermintide at Mar 8, 2007,
i'v tried that before and it turned out quite well

the amp things ok too

whenever i combined two amps for one output i always got lots of feedback and a not so good sound, but alos then i was using 2 crappy solid state amps so thats probably why. i'd be cool to try it with 2 marshalls, if you can afford them
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat