Yo to all.

I have an Ibanez GSR190 that came in a starter pack. Its not a bad bass at all. It actually kicks ass, considering its a starter pack bass.

Anyways, my question is, should I use this as a project bass, project meaning using it for attempting to install a bridge, pickups, etc.? Thanks in advance.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Hell yes, you should.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
This belongs in the Customizing Thread, and yes, you should unless you dont know what your doing
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
^ Thats just it. I dont know what Im doing, but I was gonna customize it anyway, so I figured why not learn by using this bass since I couldnt get that much out of it if I decided to sell it.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
Assuming you own anothe rbass, go for it. A valuable learning experience.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Yeah I got another bass. Im not 100% in love with it, but I got one.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
It's worth it definitely, and yeah its good experience for future modding
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I'm thinking about taking my Fullerton P-bass ripoff and replacing the pickups, bridge, neck, and wiring and turning the thing into a 5 or 6 string. I don't know too much about the wiring, but that can be researched and learned.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Ok, since its basically unanimous, I guess Ill go for it when I get the money for pickups or a bridge. Speaking of which, which should I change out 1st?
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by silentdob
Ok, since its basically unanimous, I guess Ill go for it when I get the money for pickups or a bridge. Speaking of which, which should I change out 1st?

I'd go for the bridge, easier.

And I love your Avatar!!!!! Swat Cats for the win!!!!
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
**** yea make it a remodeling Bass.

What I suggest you do is first sketch out an aidea for what you want the BAss to be. As in, repainting, remodeling, general construction changing.

Then you get stuff to paint it, stuf to reshape the body, new pickups, new electronics, and a new bridge AND/OR TUNDERS. In that order.

And remember, if you rebuild it to that extent, you can put whatever pickups you want in that! Billy Sheehan bridge? **** yea! P Bass mid? **** yea! Musicman bridge? **** yea!
I actually turned my starter pack bass into TWO project basses, both of which are great to play, and don't look like COMPLETE shit.

The Purple Fretless:

The only thing from the GSR on this is the body, everything else is from ebay or Pep Boys (paint). It no longer has the crappy ass pinstripes, but I'm too lazy to take another pic.. The neck is a Fender Mighty Mite that I shaved down to fit properly. It sounds pretty damn good, thoguh not as good as:

The Nonack Special:

The neck , bridge and electronics on this are all from the GSR. The body is mahogany that I cut myself (although you could probably have guessed that). The saddles and machine heads are the GSR ones, but I anodized them red (Pep Boys again). This thing has better tone than my $400 Iceman, and cost around $80 to build (not including the price of the GSR).

Hope that gives you some ideas.
-PLAIDOCASTER
-Ibanez Iceman Bass (Sunburst)
-Nonack Special Mk. II (Blood Red Mahogany/ Natural Binding)
-Fretless Soundgear (Color Shift Purple/Blue/Red/Orange)
-Pearl Export 5 pc. Drumset (Black)