I have $160 to spend this weekend at Guitar Center.
My band is recording an EP in about 4 weeks (thrash metal), so I'm wondering which of these things will benefit the guitar/bass (or the whole band's sound) the most:

- Epiphone VJ combo (I have the Silver Dragon for metal)
- EQ pedal
- Sonic Maximizer
- New bridge pup

Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

Thanks.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

If you're already buying a Windsor stack; there's not really a need for the VJ.

You're really not giving us enough information here; and it's near impossible for us to decide these things for you.
An EQ pedal would be the best for everyone. Unless you have a great mix/master program (assuming you know how to use it effectively)

Either that, or the Sonic Max.
a good noise suppressor,since i assume you have the gain set to 10 on your amp right?
ok that was kinda sarcastic but a noise suppressor will do what it says on the tin which makes it very important when it comes to recording.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

A bit more info for everyone:

We might use my Behringer, we might use our other guitarists Crate, and we might use a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12. To mix and edit we're using Adobe Audition in conjuction with Fruity Loops Studio Producer XXL 6, programs I've been using for about 3 years. We'll be recording rhythm and lead tracks on my Washburn 7 string tuned to B standard and one song tuned to Drop A, the guitar has stock pups.

So, now which thing sounds better?

Also, I won't have my Windsor till about mid/late April, so yeah.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Well, as far as some recording thoughts...

Some professionals choose to leave the recordings as dry as possible. No effects, no reverb, etc., etc. So that way, when they go into mixing, they are not limited to where they have to put an instrument in the mix. So with that said, you might want to look into a good compression pedal. Bass, vocals, and drums especially, need compression to bring it up in the mix.

*When I first recorded with my last band, I was concentrating too much on my own sound, and not enough on the bands sound. Just make sure you don't get caught up on details within your sound. Chances are, the little details you changed won't show if you have a bad mix.

/of rambling.
Quote by Unskathed
A bit more info for everyone:

We might use my Behringer, we might use our other guitarists Crate, and we might use a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12. To mix and edit we're using Adobe Audition in conjuction with Fruity Loops Studio Producer XXL 6, programs I've been using for about 3 years. We'll be recording rhythm and lead tracks on my Washburn 7 string tuned to B standard and one song tuned to Drop A, the guitar has stock pups.

So, now which thing sounds better?

Also, I won't have my Windsor till about mid/late April, so yeah.

get some pickups, i changed the pups in my 587, and it did wonders (but i dont like the pup in it that much, its better than stock (d sonic 7))
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!