so who closed the new mod thread just when i was enjoying it?

is democracy dead or what????
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Ah sorry, forgot to leave a message at the end of the other thread.

I'll leave this one open for a while to discuss things with everyone, but I've always had the opinion that the slower B&A forums should have less strict rules. I mean, if someone comes in spamming I will delete the messages and warn them, but in the case of closing threads like the recommendation ones, I do, but to be honest I (personally) don't think that the sticky does satisfy people asking for recommendations. It is a great piece of information, don't get me wrong, it's appreciated, but if you're looking for a recommendation of what to listen to to expand your knowledge of the blues or jazz, you'd want audio suggestions (albums/songs) rather than just players. Not everything a certain musician has made is a great starter, or great in general. That's why I've left that one blues recommendation thread open. I apologise for any that I miss.

Why I don't think an entirely new mod is needed (this is not to offend the people suggested in the other thread); it's a reasonably slow forum that really doesn't need over-modding like the majority of the B&A forums. If you over mod it and delete all the recommendation threads that might point (in the initial post) to a video, the forum will soon go slower. Having some diversity on the main page of the forum is a good thing.

If you have recommendations, or things you would like to be implemented to this forum please say. It's your forum, so if the majority do want it over modded than we'll give it a trial period, or if you just want a more visable mod of the forum (someone that posts in here regularly) then we'll see what we can do about that.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
well, a couple of points. first, thanks for explaining yourself this time instead of just pulling the plug on the discussion. secondly, i entirely take your point about this forum not needing 'over-modding', it is fairly laid back with a more mature audience, and therefore maybe does not need tight control. as for the recommendation threads, i support their presence in the main forum (see my posts in the original thread).

the last thread did raise some posts supporting the idea of a more visible mod; i'll let the others post their views.

- Jimi Hendrix
I do kind of like the idea of a more visible mod, not to say Andrew hasn't done his job. It's just it'd be nice in a way to have someone like Encore God, TNFootball, or one that I may have missed to come into the discussions. Again, in no way am I trying to put down Andrew.

Cheers
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Andrew also mods several other forums on this site too. He can't always post in every thread for people.

I agree that the forums don't need to be over-moderated. One mod for this forum is plenty.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by VR2005
I do kind of like the idea of a more visible mod, not to say Andrew hasn't done his job. It's just it'd be nice in a way to have someone like Encore God, TNFootball, or one that I may have missed to come into the discussions. Again, in no way am I trying to put down Andrew.

Cheers

I Agree
It's an internet forum. It's not that big of a deal.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
Quote by Page&HammettFan

One mod for this forum is plenty.

agreed. but now you got two.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
so who closed the new mod thread just when i was enjoying it?

is democracy dead or what????

what does democracy have to do with this?
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Hpda5121
what does democracy have to do with this?

doh. go and look up the definition of democracy and think about it.
- Jimi Hendrix