So my 900 combo is a bitch to carry as I'm 14 and not the strongest of fellows. It's 2x12 and ways about 30kg. I was thiking about either:

1. Instaling some kind of wheels on the bottom, which obviously involves drilling, but will there be any change in tone as it will be off the ground?

2. Buying a cart/trolley of some sort to wheel it about.

Which?
Buddy of mine installed wheels on the bottom of his Crate combo and it doesn't sound different to me. if it already has feet on it then it most likely has drilled holes on the bottom. i don't think making them deeper will chang tone at all.

but what do I know?

If you have a local music shop around I'd ask them. Or wait to get a response from someone else.
mostly, i hate everything about a cab or combo on casters.

but i actually LIKE the way they did this:

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Mar 8, 2007,
I use a trolley sorta thing, like the ones you'd use at B&Q to move heavy stuff. Folds up flat and carrys all my stuff easily (two 2x12s, two poweramps, three pedalboards, two guitars and cables/extra bits. It only cost about £30/40.
I vote for replacing the feet with casters. It's the cheapest option and it will keep your amp off the ground so when you are practicing at home it won't reverberate throughout the house.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
I think wheels (Even the little feet to some extent) = Crap on cabs/amps. The more surface area you have on the floor the better it will mesh with the acoustics of where you're playing and sound a bit more natural.

That's just my opinion though. Just keep carrying it around. Think how big your arms/shoulders will be after carrying that around everyday for a few years...

EDIT: I forgot to finish that, wheels = bad idea. Trolley = great idea. Then you don't compromise any sound quality and still easy to transport. You can get those like.. "delivery guy trolleys" for $20 here in Aus. Just get one of them to cart it around..
Last edited by TheDev01dOne at Mar 8, 2007,
You'll still have to lift it even if you put wheels on it. Unless all the stages in your area have wheelchair ramps, along with the van you're loading your amp into.

You could also fabricate head and cabinat enclouses to divide the weight.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I'm only going to be using this for taking into/out of school, and maybe the occasional jam at a friends house. Not sure if I want to splash out on a trolley. I think it might be overkill for just a combo. Another thing, a trolley isn't going to be very handy on a crowded bus (that's how I usually get to and rom school) is it?
You could build a little frame for the bottom out of 2x4s and then screw wheels on that.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

if you are bringing it on a bus, and picking it up alot, just deal with it. no need to waste money when you dont have too.

i make fun of kids who cant carry an amp. my thing is, if you cant move it, you shouldnt be owning it.

same with motorcycles, if you cant start it, you shouldnt be riding it.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
2x4s that are properly screwed or even nailed together can be incredibly sturdy.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: