Ok, I've done alot of changes to my rig in the last couple of months, and I think my final upgrade is in order, selling my Jackson to my friend, who will pay top dollar, and buying a new guitar. So far since christmas I have; bought AND sold my Epi Les Paul, traded my used 1960BV cab for a mint 1960AV cab, sold my '82 Marshall JCM 800 2204 Head, bought a hand-wired JCM 800 2204 Clone from Nik atwww.ceriatone.com that should arrive next week (which i'll be making a big build thread on), Modded my Wah, and am investing in a EHX Holier Grail Reverb pedal.

I'm really a Fender-fanboy and am thinking of buying an American HSS Strat with a bridge pickup upgrade to something a little heavier. I play half of the time clean, and half of the time classic metal, and usually never anything in between. I also like the fact that it has a normal bridge instead of a Floyd.

I really like this colour; Sienna Sunburst, and am seriously considering buying it.

Please tell me what you think and any suggestions are welcome.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
that's a really hot finish .
Only thing i'd change is the neck, I don't like the superlight maple, I'd go with a vintage maple finish , maybe a reverse 70's style headstock too , yummy.

but that's just me .
I'm guessing there will be a Duncan JB in the bridge?
Orange Enthousiast.
Well, I really like the light maple neck, and the bridge pup is a fender designed diamondback which is made more for rock than for metal, which is why i will change it.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
yeah I knew that , but I was wondering what will you replace it for?
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by TTC
yeah I knew that , but I was wondering what will you replace it for?

O, ok.

Well, my SL3 has a JB in the bridge and it's nice but you can see as I would want a change, and buying a guitar with the same pups would be useless. I was thinkin more along the lines of a Pearly Gates which is as just as heavy, but will give me a different sound.

Any thoughts?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Well I'm getting a Duncan Custom in my RG1570 , I should have it on saturday, it's not as hot as the JB , but still hot enough for some metal.
I'll let you know how it sounds.
Orange Enthousiast.
^ Sounds good, ill check it out.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Ok, I went to L&M and they have it in (they usually only have the solid colours) so i might buy it soon, but I need more advice before I make a decision.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station