Would you rather have a carreer you dislike or one you like but pays less?

Poll: Which would you take?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which would you take?
Job you don't like that pays well
12 20%
Job you like that doesn't pay as well
48 79%
Voters: 61.
Perhaps I'm just bitter, but i've never had a job I liked. And I can't think of anything I'd like doing. So I picked the higher paid one.
Too many possibilities to answer, you got how long you have to do what you don't like. If I had to do 2 hours of maths a day and got payed loads, I'd be doing something I hate, but you bet I'd do it rather than play gutiar for 12 hours and win only a quarter.
Earning loadsa money means NOTHING if you arent having a good time. Some people are too money obsessed and forget to actually enjoy their life - witch in that i see no point. I'd love to earn not so much and enjoy myself, thats what its all about.
Quote by MiG_853
Too many possibilities to answer, you got how long you have to do what you don't like. If I had to do 2 hours of maths a day and got payed loads, I'd be doing something I hate, but you bet I'd do it rather than play gutiar for 12 hours and win only a quarter.

gee thats really likely.

anyways, id pick the one i like. i know it sounds cliche, but money doesnt garantee happiness. you get a lot more personal satisfaction doing something you like.
Member #5 of the Frank Zappa Fan Club

Member #15 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join
on one hand i may not like the job but i will receive more money and be able to buy more guitar stuff, but on the other hand the job i would like would have something to do with music... i have enough guitar equipment for now so i would choose the job that i like
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
well.. it depends just how much the high paying job pays and just how much less the job you like pays. if im going to make so much less that its hard to live comfortably, but i could make sextuple digits with a job i dont like as much, i dont think there is a quesiton.

if the salary difference isnt that drastic though and i could still live comfortably, then id take the lower paying job.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
the one that gives me the most sex with chicks...

nah...the one i like, of course, as long as it pays enough.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I'd definitley go with one that I would enjoy doing. Maybe not something that I would find extremely awesome and stuff, but something that would at leat keep me satisfied.

I couldn't imagine doing a job that I disliked.

In terms of part time jobs and such, I'd propably aim for the one that:
a) interested me the most
b) was easy to get to from my home
As long as it pays well enough to pay my bills, I'd rather have a job I like. A few years back I quit a factory job that was paying me quite well to go work at a bookstore for much less money.
Death to Ovation haters!
It's fine to take a job that you enjoy doing in the meantime, but eventually you're going to have to suck it up and get a real job if you want to be able to have the luxuries in life and have a family.

It's definitely a question of degrees, how bad does that bad job suck, how poorly does the good job pay, etc. But in general unless you happen to marry rich you're probably going to end up doing shitty work for more money to ensure the happiness and futures of those important to you.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
The one I like, provided I can live off it obviously. Never been that interested in money.
« »
Depends on the pay difference.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

if i had a job that i loved.. i would work more hours coz i would enjoy it so much = just as much money as the boring well payed job
Don't you know, I'm the end of what will be?
I would definately rather have a job i like, makes life so much easier. it would have to pay enough to survive though....
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
As long as it doesn't have me eating out of dumpsters, I'd go with the one I like . I mean, what's the point of trying to buy happyness if you are already happy, eh?
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times