So my cousin brought Final Fantasy XII today, and he phoned me up all excited like a child at christmas and asked if he could bring it round. After telling me the combat system had been revamped, i mut say i was rather excited. So i sat in my room, playing a little guitar, waitng for him to come over.

When he finally arrived, we decided to set both my Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2 downstairs, so we could both play on a game at the same time. As he started up FF12 i stopped slaughtering terrorists, and annihilating slot machines in Vegas.

Now, i'm sure wether this was because i'd just been playing on a Xbox 360 on a HD monitor, or because the playstation was hooked up to a Widescreen Tv, but i have to say, the graphics were terrible. The cinematic graphics were fine, but the gameplay ones. They were about the standard of Final Fantasy 9.

This won't stop me from buying the game, but i was just wondering if anyone shared the same view as me? Or could shed any light on why this could possibly be?
The graphics are beautiful, mate.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
yep, i really love the new final fantasy game. Although i do agree i expected the gameplay graphics to be slightly better, but whatever, im nto complaining.

Where is everyone on this game ? I just got to the jungle after the ozmone plains, suddenly all the monsters are alot stronger here, im gonna have to spend a wee while levelling up before i go into the jungle.
so yeah i found all of the final fantasy games to be a disapointment after playe FF7 which in my opinion is the second greatest game ever made (the first being Ledgend of Dragoon (also 4 the ps1)) so yeah, square enix ruined evrything i miss square soft
Quote by Woo!Yay!

Now, i'm sure wether this was because i'd just been playing on a Xbox 360 on a HD monitor, or because the playstation was hooked up to a Widescreen Tv

I'd say that's exactly why, haha. Of course the graphics look bad compared to a 360, but they're some of the best you'll find on the console.

And I wasnt expecting FFXII to be that great, so I wasnt disappointed.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
It's because you're now used to the Xbox 360's graphics.
A/S/L?
So i sat in my room, playing a little guitar, waitng for him to come over.

Just how small was this guitar?.....

....Sorry
Quote by Woo!Yay!
but i have to say, the graphics were terrible. The cinematic graphics were fine, but the gameplay ones. They were about the standard of Final Fantasy 9.

Wrong.

FF12 is very good. Starts off a little weak but picks up speed.
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
I've heard nothing but good things about FFXII - I'm an MMORPG and apparently you get the feel of of MMORPGs while playing by yourself, so without the annoying other people that ruin the game (lol).
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by Bodom
Wrong.

FF12 is very good. Starts off a little weak but picks up speed.

Maybe i wasn't clear there, i was talking about the graphics.

I'm in no way doubting the game play, i'm actually quite glad they've added a new combat system, much like World of Warcraft, which i'm used to. I just think the graphics could have been a little more refined.
Last edited by Woo!Yay! at Mar 8, 2007,
Awwwh dude, come on FF XII is really good. Different, sure, but still really good. I'm at Cerobi Steppe (after Balfonheim Port) with my usual party at level 50. With like 55 hours of play.. lol I need a life...

Edit: oh, and the graphics are pretty nice too, for a PS2 game.
X box 360, third generation..
Ps 2, mabye that's your problem?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
X box 360, third generation..
Ps 2, mabye that's your problem?

Yeah, but it seemed it was slipping back into 1st Gen again