K guys, my band is just trying 2 get off the ground right now, but we need some gear...we got all our instruments of course, if we didnt play for a long time we would be lame Anyways, can you guys/girls make some suggestions about what we'll need...thanks a lot budget under $500 please

Gear as of now:

Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone ES-335
Some Pearl Kit, not sure what model, its good though
Bass, not sure as well, but a new 1 isnt needed
Both guitarists (myself and another guy) play out of Peavey Bandits (I know most of you don't like them, but I'm very happy with mine, so no amp suggestions please).

I'm not sure exactly what all we'll need to gig n stuff, we got a digital recording system for our demos, but yeah

P.S. this is for my bass player any decent amps loud enough to gig under $400?? thanks please leave price and wattage
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
Last edited by -Atticus- at Mar 8, 2007,
Something that would be good is a P.A. System I got one for $180.00 100watts it's called audio choice by soundtech it's freaking good for it's price tag I'm serouis it has helped us in every gig.
Quote by okiedokie
Something that would be good is a P.A. System I got one for $180.00 100watts it's called audio choice by soundtech it's freaking good for it's price tag I'm serouis it has helped us in every gig.

A 100w PA is pretty much useless in a situation other than practice.

You should be looking at at least on the upside of 250w for a gig (and how many gigs don't have fkn PAs???)

Get your bassist a decent amp, IE, Gallien Krueger 1x15 combo. That's basically all you should need to gig unless your amps aren't big enough.
Any bar that doesnt have a PA isnt really worth playing at. I mean I guess any show you can play is good...but damn...I thought everyplace had a PA. At least they do around my area. Make sure you have good mics. Because you WILL be micing your rigs (if your smart) and bad mics can really make this a pain in the ass. Also have a few extra chords laying around for when one starts to buzz or cut out. Make sure you have all the little things. A PA is also a good idea. I dont know a whole lot about them because my band mate handles all that stuff considering its his house but it's so much better having one either way.
Quote by Crimson_Eve
Any bar that doesnt have a PA isnt really worth playing at. I mean I guess any show you can play is good...but damn...I thought everyplace had a PA. At least they do around my area. Make sure you have good mics. Because you WILL be micing your rigs (if your smart) and bad mics can really make this a pain in the ass. Also have a few extra chords laying around for when one starts to buzz or cut out. Make sure you have all the little things. A PA is also a good idea. I dont know a whole lot about them because my band mate handles all that stuff considering its his house but it's so much better having one either way.

Most venues with PAs supply all the gear (and a sound tech) to play.

having extra mics is always handy, though.

Instrument/patch cables and stuff is a great idea too.
fender rumble is pretty loud for bass. It's all that's ever needed when we play. I know it's SS, but it'll get the job done.