hey, i'm playin YYZ at our highschool's battle of the bands in about two months, and i've learned the entire song. but i'm curious, what guitar did alex lifeson from rush use?
anything special to get his tone?
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
I think around the time moving pictures was released he was using some white ibanez style guitar (might have even been ibanez) with 3 hot rails and a floyd, at least that's what i've seen in the older videos of them playing it, but on the rush in Rio DVD he uses a PRS
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
hmmm, okay, mainly i wanted to know if he used a floyd/whammy, cause one part of the song (on powertab) it shows he does a quick dip and does a reverse dip, and i wasn't sure if it was right or not.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^:laugh histerically:
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Get the muffin!!! :0
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Muffin for you!

KaPow!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^

w00t!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
He used gibson es-335 hollow bodies... fender stratocaster..... 1987 50 watt marshall superlead.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...