Here's the situation. I've been eyeing an Ibanez RG1570 for quite some time now, and I had a local music store, Music Stop, order one in for me. It came in yesterday, and he's telling me the tag price on the guitar is $1299 CAN. Now, on www.bellonesmusic.com they sell the exact same guitar for $955 CAN, free shipping and insurance.

I've spent nearly $2000 at Music Stop and they have that on record, I'd just like a few good angles to work so I can get him to match the price at Bellones, because honestly, I would rather buy locally, but I don't wanna spent an extra $345 to do so. In the past they have knocked down prices for me, but not as low as I've seen online. Anyone have any good ideas in trying to haggle it down to the same price as at Bellones?

Thanks
Mike

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
just sweet tlak him, tell em u support local stores and ud rather buy from tehm but 400 bcusk fro you is a shitlaod of money and you have to work 40 hours a week to make that kidna money cuz the rest you have to save for college cuz ur parents are on welfare and cant support ur college tuition. their gunna ask why ur spending so miuch on gear-u tell em cuz thast how you make moeny ont eh side.
Just point them to the price on Musician's Friend.com. If they want to keep your business, they'll match it or go lower. A brand new RG1570 retails for $750 American, which should be about $885 Canadian. They're ripping you off big time!!!
tell them you have a show to play in a couple days and you need it now and youll give them the money later

thats what i do to guitar center and they dont care
Yeah I think I'm just gonna bring in the website and phone number and tell them straight up, it's $955 here, I'd rather buy it locally but if you won't match the price I'll have to buy it on the internet.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
When haggling a lot of places rather than taking money off are more happy to chuck things in for free. So if you have knocked them down in the monetary stakes as far as you think they will go and it is still some way off internet prices, they should be willing to chuck some stuff in eg case etc etc.
Well, all prestige models come with a free custom case anyways, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm hoping to get a new set of strings and a few other things with it.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
look for any imperfections on that guitar.
if they want to make some money, they'll sell it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Tell them you can get the same guitar at another music store locally for much cheaper... chances are they'll jump on your offer. Sometimes that works better than telling them about a website.

If all else fails just buy it online.
Shouldn't the price negotiating have happened before you had them "order one in" for you.
No he told me he'd get it sent in from another Music Stop in another province and if I liked it I could buy it, if not he'd put it on the shelf.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
You should just bring in the internet price and say that you'd rather buy local but if they can't match it you're gone. Be firm, but if they throw in some freebies that will make it about the same price you should go with the local shop.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83