I found his ernie ball guitars´sound really dirty and very ugly looking , plus he doesnt have his beautiful tone anymore , does anybody know why he changed from ibanez to ernie ball?
because he was bored?
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
prolly the same reason rusty cooley switched to dean, they gave him a better deal
Quote by CodeMonk
Get arrested with a hooker (a real female one, not a fake).

check out this sweet shred mayneeeee

THIS IS ME
I think his signature model sounds pretty sweet and it looks kind of cheesy with the color change paint put good lord you think that gaudy 80's looking day-glo ibanez he used to play looked better? Sorry, I know it's just a matter of taste, anyway, I think he changed because he's obsessed with Steve Morse who also uses a MusicMan. The feel of both of their guitars is quite similar but I think Morse's is much cooler, much better features, and I think it has a more rounded neck. It feels terrible trying to bend on the Peturcci model the neck is as thin and flat as Paris Hilton
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
i like the sound of some ernie ball guitars and basses. are you sure you didn't try one of those shitty OLP guitars that just get a license from ernie ball?
i believe i heard somewhere that he wanted a piezo feature added to his guitar and ibanez's bridge would not support it nor would they make one to fit it, where as ernie balls musicman gave him the opportunity to have that peizo, i really dont know but thats what ive heard, but i actually really like his musicman i think it looks great and sounds amazing
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
i htink his ibanez signature model is uber sexeh i dont like his EB model... too bad the JPM ibanez was nvr massed produced at least i dont think... i couldnt even find one on ebay
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
yeah
i think Ibenez is a bit gay towards artists not letting them make the 100% guitar they specify, which is why Rusty switched, and probably John too.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Its coz he's too fast, the heat intensity just melted the neck and strings of the JPM...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Its coz he's too fast, the heat intensity just melted the neck and strings of the JPM...

He must have overused his killzone-mode switch.

.....Or maybe turned the sun up too high
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Last edited by TheUltimateSin at Mar 11, 2007,
Because he wanted to, or they gave him more money, or they played better... Who knows.

Don't forget he's also switched amps a lot, which contributes a hell of a lot more to tone.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by DaliLama
I think his signature model sounds pretty sweet and it looks kind of cheesy with the color change paint put good lord you think that gaudy 80's looking day-glo ibanez he used to play looked better? Sorry, I know it's just a matter of taste, anyway, I think he changed because he's obsessed with Steve Morse who also uses a MusicMan. The feel of both of their guitars is quite similar but I think Morse's is much cooler, much better features, and I think it has a more rounded neck. It feels terrible trying to bend on the Peturcci model the neck is as thin and flat as Paris Hilton

You kind of sound like Dr. Cox from Scrubs lol

BTW. I realy love the look of the JPM
basically, they let him design his guitar from the ground up, and he was intrical in the decision making process.

I think just about anyone would make the switch under those circumstances
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Quote by Night_Lights
i think Ibenez is a bit gay towards artists not letting them make the 100% guitar they specify, which is why Rusty switched, and probably John too.

As far as I know, Rusty wasn't offered a sig. Ibanez though.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
that's kind of retarded if Cooley wasn't offered a signature Ibanez. He may not be the best writer, but he's one sick player.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by eviledge87
that's kind of retarded if Cooley wasn't offered a signature Ibanez. He may not be the best writer, but he's one sick player.

You must not have had very good points in economics.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
didn't you know he uses custom guitars painted by Michelangelo (not the guitar n00b)
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

and gandhi makes his amps... <_<
i thought the picasso was ownage. I hate the musicman, fat piece of shit
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee