Page 1 of 2
I Know It Has Something To Do With The Truss Rod But What Do I Do And Can I Do Or Should I Take It To A Shop, If So How Much Would It Cost.

For Details, On The A And D Strings, It Buzzes On The Last 14 Frets
I'm not sure what to do with the truss rod, but why do you need to capitalize every single word?

Wish I could help you...
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
on the last 14 frets? so basically half the neck? It sounds like it may be warped....however it could be the string height. Search the forums, there's plenty of explanations on here already

EDIT: to clarify, I mean search for string height... or search google for adjusting string height, there'll be good websites with pictures etc on them.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Mar 8, 2007,
Okay...well anyway, is the fret buzzing the only thing making you think the neck is warped? Or did you actually check...? If it's just the buzzing, try changing your action just a little.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
on the last 14 frets? so basically half the neck? It sounds like it may be warped....however it could be the string height. Search the forums, there's plenty of explanations on here already

YA I KNOW BUT IT IS ONLY ON THOSE 2 STINGS AND WHEN I GET DOWN O THE LAST 7 IT PLAYS THE SOUND OF THE LAST FRET FOR ALL OF THE FRETS FROM 13-20
Quote by Confused4930
Okay...well anyway, is the fret buzzing the only thing making you think the neck is warped? Or did you actually check...? If it's just the buzzing, try changing your action just a little.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AMP IF THATS WHAT UR SAYING, BY BUZZING I MEAN THE STRING VIBRATES ON THE LAST FRET (20)
Please Don't Type Like This, It Makes It A Pain In The Arse To Read.

Anyway. As said above, if you're buzzing for such a large amount of the neck, it's highly likely to be pretty badly warped - I think the best thing to do would be to take it into a shop and have a pro deal with the issue because (not disputing the knowledge of the UG users - some of the regulars here have probably forgotten more about playing bass than I'll ever learn) but you'll have some comeback if (heaven forbid) something goes wrong.

Good luck.
Quote by HeyWatchOut
YA I KNOW BUT IT IS ONLY ON THOSE 2 STINGS AND WHEN I GET DOWN O THE LAST 7 IT PLAYS THE SOUND OF THE LAST FRET FOR ALL OF THE FRETS FROM 13-20

OMGZORZ!!!ONE1!!11

YOU LACK BASIC INTERNET TYPING ETIQUETTE LEADING ME TO BELIEVE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FIX THIS YOURSELF...TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND HAVE A TECH LOOK AT IT
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
It's probably buzzing b/c the action is too high. If it is like a strat, then the truss rod is at the top of the neck right below the tuning pegs. You need to get an allen wrench and turn the truss rod to the right-only do it a little bit at a time though so you don't warp your bass the other way. Just turn it a little and test it out each time until the buzzing stops.
Quote by canadianpunk071
OMGZORZ!!!ONE1!!11

YOU LACK BASIC INTERNET TYPING ETIQUETTE LEADING ME TO BELIEVE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FIX THIS YOURSELF...TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND HAVE A TECH LOOK AT IT

WHAT I WAS SAYING IS THAT WHEN I HOLD THE LAST 7 FRETS THE STRING TOUCHES THE LAST FRET INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE FRET that i was holding
If it vibrates on the last fret, then it's the string height. And yes, that is possible, because the individual string heights are adjustable.

But I am agreeing with fake_sk8r182, go get it checked out. You can usually just tell by looking at it if the neck is warped, though
Quote by Yelsie88
It's probably buzzing b/c the action is too high. If it is like a strat, then the truss rod is at the top of the neck right below the tuning pegs. You need to get an allen wrench and turn the truss rod to the right-only do it a little bit at a time though so you don't warp your bass the other way. Just turn it a little and test it out each time until the buzzing stops.

THANK YOU

can it be messed up easily? and do i have to take the strings off?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If it vibrates on the last fret, then it's the string height. And yes, that is possible, because the individual string heights are adjustable.

But I am agreeing with fake_sk8r182, go get it checked out. You can usually just tell by looking at it if the neck is warped, though

how do u adjust the string hight?

yes i just got this bass yesterday
Quote by HeyWatchOut
THANK YOU

can it be messed up easily? and do i have to take the strings off?

Yes, it can be messed up. VERY EASILY. That's why I suggested you take your bass to a tech, rather than doing it yourself, because that way if it goes wrong you can claim some kind of refund/compensation for the damage.
uh oh i just tested it and it is doing that for all the strings it might be warped not badly hieghted , and when i look at it from the side, the gap between the strings and the fretboard is greater in the middle
Quote by HeyWatchOut
uh oh i just tested it and it is doing that for all the strings it might be warped not badly hieghted , and when i look at it from the side, the gap between the strings and the fretboard is greater in the middle

By how much? Also, sight down the neck to see if it has a large amount of curve, or a defined "hump". Tell us what you see.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

TS, learn not to type like a moron, and edit your posts so you don't do multiples.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
TS, learn not to type like a moron, and edit your posts so you don't do multiples.

its a forum i dont care
Quote by HeyWatchOut
its a forum i dont care

If you want help, and respect, then you do care.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

How are you defining a warped neck? a warped neck is usualy twisted not bent.
Truss rods are for for correcting neck bow either inwards or outwards, a twisted/warped neck is not what truss rodes are there for.
The cure for a warped neck is usualy a new neck.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by HeyWatchOut
when i hold the ninth fret, the string lays over all the other frets

thats the problem. how do i fix it
Quote by hamish5178
As you are Hamish should that not read Type like a Mormon

G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
^If you don't care about that, then no one here will care enough to help you. Quit being a doucheass, and type right. Proper grammar goes a long way on UG. To fix your neck, I recommend putting a hex wrench in the truss rod and turning it to the left about fifty times. That should take care of the bow.
Quote by John Swift
As you are Hamish should that not read Type like a Mormon

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by HeyWatchOut
well **** this site thx for the help

You're welcome, we recognized you obviously aren't capable of fixing this problem yourself, so we told you to take it to a shop; the sensible thing to do in any case.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by HeyWatchOut
well **** this site thx for the help

You = phailure.
Quote by HeyWatchOut
its FAILURE NOT PHAILURE NICE GRAMMAR, DOESN'T THAT GO ALONG WAS WITH UG LIKE BUMPER SAID?

First, that was a spelling "error", not grammar (intentional too, wowzorz).

Second, "DOESN'T THAT GO ALONG WAS WITH UG LIKE BUMPER SAID?" is terrible grammar.

Bravo. *claps slowly*
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by Bumper
^If you don't care about that, then no one here will care enough to help you. Quit being a doucheass, and type right. Proper grammar goes a long way on UG. To fix your neck, I recommend putting a hex wrench in the truss rod and turning it to the left about fifty times. That should take care of the bow.

TALK TO HIM
Quote by HeyWatchOut
TALK TO HIM

And he (Bumper)used proper grammar...fancy that!

/thread
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Page 1 of 2