my micro cube is in the process of dying and im gunna need a new amp. i play mainly children of bodom, pantera, and metallica type stuff. im thinkin about a peavey 6505 combo but i havnt tried one yet. any suggestions?
Ltd Alexi 600
Clapton Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Mar 8, 2007,
anywhere up to about 1000
Ltd Alexi 600
Clapton Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal
yo i tell you what i tell everyone. crate fxt 120 check it out right now best amp ever for solid state and the price is pretty sweet, the distortion that comes with it is pretty good it will get you through pantera if you adjust the shape and it hits metallica fine. i know being that thats mostly wha ti play as well but really crate fxt 120 GO NOW
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
What side of the pond do you live?

Maybe a Peavey Triple XXX
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Parentadvisory
yo i tell you what i tell everyone. crate fxt 120 check it out right now best amp ever for solid state and the price is pretty sweet, the distortion that comes with it is pretty good it will get you through pantera if you adjust the shape and it hits metallica fine. i know being that thats mostly wha ti play as well but really crate fxt 120 GO NOW

If he's willing to spend $1000, he'd most likely want to go tube.
Quote by utsapp89
yea thats something i forgot to mention im lookin for a tube
Ltd Alexi 600
Clapton Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal
Id recommend something Behringher. They're pretty affordable. Great bang for your buck!
_ _
| | | |
| | | |
| |__| |
| | ESP for Life!
| |___
| ___|
\ |
\ \
Quote by metexman16
Id recommend something Behringher. They're pretty affordable. Great bang for your buck!

Emphasis on *bang* because their quality control is so crappy that their amps are bound to explode in your face.

Quote by FacingUsAll
If he's willing to spend $1000, he'd most likely want to go tube.

Quote by utsapp89
oh yes then forget me, but you know just keep it in mind i was thoroughly surprised with the range of tone accomplished and the quality of sound coming from this for such a cheap solid state. but yeah tube all the way bro.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2