Ok, i have to respond on my feelings about war and such, but what i really need help with is Holden's views on war. I dont remember the book discussing it at all. so, what are Holden's views on war? help is greatly appreciated!
I'm pretty sure that the book didn't mention that at all. o_O

We finished reading it last week..
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

What's with the impression that UG will solve all of life's questions?
Looking for my India/Django.
i'm doing the same book at the moment.

it doesnt discuss war....?

the main themes are innocence (or rather, protection and corruption of innocence), how confused Holden is about growing up, sexual impotence, phoniness, and 'the journey of life' (which takes a quite literal form in the book).

i suppose you could say that Holden likes peace... you could argue that innocence is lost when at war. but the book doesnt mention it...

you've been set a very silly question..
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
there's absolutely nothin about war in that book at all.

My God i hated it. Too sarcastic and so dam depressing.
I didn't think there was anything about war?

I think what your teacher wants you to do is using Holden's personality and how he feels about other things, try and find what his views are on war.
Quote by instagata0

i suppose you could say that Holden likes peace... you could argue that innocence is lost when at war. but the book doesnt mention it...

that's your ticket. good luck. that book was great, but I wanted to beat holden's head in with a P-bass.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yeah, I think there was a part about how if there was going to be an atomic bomb he was going to sit on top of it or something.

I read it a few months ago but for some reason I remember that.
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
Quote by pinkertown
Yeah, I think there was a part about how if there was going to be an atomic bomb he was going to sit on top of it or something.

I read it a few months ago but for some reason I remember that.

You're right, actually:

"Anyway, I'm sort of glad they've got the atomic bomb invented. If there's ever another war I'm going to sit right the hell on top of it. I'll volunteer for it, I swear to God I will."

I didn't remember that
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by QuiteTheFellow
You're right, actually:

"Anyway, I'm sort of glad they've got the atomic bomb invented. If there's ever another war I'm going to sit right the hell on top of it. I'll volunteer for it, I swear to God I will."

I didn't remember that

Ah, I kick so much ass.

And thats a great quote.
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
wats up with all these people saying it had nothing to do w/ war. They jumped off the tree limb to prepare for war and Leper went crazy after joining the military.
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
I remember him saying "I swear to God" a lot.

I mean more than is appropriate, which I deem fairly often. I don't think there were two pages that didn't have those words on it.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by FuriousRyder
wats up with all these people saying it had nothing to do w/ war. They jumped off the tree limb to prepare for war and Leper went crazy after joining the military.

Wait...what? Did you read the wrong book or something? Leper? Jumping off a tree limb for the war? This relates to The Catcher In The Rye?
*This Space For Rent*
wait... F***. thats the wrong book. My bad.
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
There is an extremely bried mention of war in the beginning. If I remember correctly, Holden hates war... Because of somehting to do with DB. I'm not much help...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Oh yeah..his brother was in the navy or something..there should be something on it in there...
Yeah, Holden talks about war. He says something like when his brother was in the military and he'd talk to military leaders and see them doing stuff and he said if he had gone to the war, he wouldn't know what direction to shoot in sometimes.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.