Page 1 of 2
Alright, I see there are others who feel my similar pain.

My OCD is whenever I write something, I have to write the word again in the exact same spot, over and over and over and OVER again. It forms these huge nasty block letters that no one can read, it's horrible. I'd sort of like to know if anyone else has or has heard about someone who has the same OCD, or if it's exclusive to me.

P.S. I have to type all my school assigments, but 90% of my teachers won't ****ing believe me when I tell them my problem. I hate it
thats not OCD fool!

thats retarded

EDIT: soz, being harsh there. that is rather differnt

I do quirky things sometimes, but nothing like that. I can write letters back to front and not even notice sometimes.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by nick dixon at Mar 8, 2007,
Quote by nick dixon
thats not OCD fool!

thats retarded

Actually, there are many types of OCD. Just because it's not common, doesn't mean it isn't real. Keep out if your not going to say something usefull.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
Wait, so you've got OCD and write over things and you're worried about your assignment because of your teachers, but shouldn't they already know about your problem from looking at work you've done before?

I mean, surely you haven't just magically got OCD for this one assignment right?
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Everytime I walk by the fridge I push the door to make sure it's closed, I also feel the need to check if the stove is off every half an hour or so, and I always press the end button on the cordless phone to make sure it isn't on...I'm moderatly retarded.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by Custom-Picks
Actually, there are many types of OCD. Just because it's not common, doesn't mean it isn't real. Keep out if your not going to say something usefull.

read my other post about my mother in the other thread, and my edit!

no hard feelings, but I kinda laughed a bit when I read it
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I do the exact same thing as you.If i dont do it i think the word doesnt look right so i trace it over again untill it is very bold to every single word i write.
Quote by cappucino108
No, thats definitely a form of OCD. My buddy has OCD, real bad too. HE has to kick the side of his door everytime he walks past it, sits in and out his car 3 times every time he drives anywhere, in the morning he walks from his couch to his sink 8 times, and other random stuff like that. Ive heard medicine helps though.
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
Wait, so you've got OCD and write over things and you're worried about your assignment because of your teachers, but shouldn't they already know about your problem from looking at work you've done before?

I mean, surely you haven't just magically got OCD for this one assignment right?

don't call me Surely!
Lately, I've honestly been thinking I have OCD for many reasons. Do you have a link for an online test or something? I don't want to waste my doctor's time if I don't.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
WTF, I think I have mild OCD. Remember that thread about the symmetric guy? Well I'm symetric when it comes to my hair and look. And I also write over letters, but only when I feel I haven't written them hard enough on the paper, or if they look too messy.
Quote by Vos
Umm, I like to take shits naked. Is that a form of OCD do you think?

HAHA!!!!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by Vos

ROFL hahahaha what... the... ****!!!1ione!!11!! eleven!!!
Quote by Vos

oh shitt i thought i was the only one
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by LORD V4DER

My OCD is whenever I write something, I have to write the word again in the exact same spot, over and over and over and OVER again. It forms these huge nasty block letters that no one can read, it's horrible. I'd sort of like to know if anyone else has or has heard about someone who has the same OCD, or if it's exclusive to me.

P.S. I have to type all my school assigments, but 90% of my teachers won't ****ing believe me when I tell them my problem. I hate it

That's actually amazing! I used to do that! It was really annoying. I just tried really hard to not write over them and it worked eventually.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
w3ird.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Vos

+1

it just feels so much more natural lol
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
I always have to have my hair combed, and I always write over my letters if the pen skips, and when im done it looks really messy and ugly. I also have to have doors either open or shut completely, stacked cards have to be neatly aligned, and when I eat, I have to read or I lose my hunger.
I always like, walk and stuff in multiples of two, count things in multiples of five (if it doesn't readily count up to five i'll keep on doing it until i reach a multiple), and will perform tasks in multiples of three. I don't know, but i just do it. I just have patterns that i have to follow, not really rituals per se.
Quote by insideac
I also have to have doors either open or shut completely, and when I eat, I have to read or I lose my hunger.

Wow, I REALLY thought I was the only one.

I knot up strands of hair above my left ear, and sometimes pull small unnoticable pieces out. I've done it for 2+ hours before, I stopped because my hand got tired.

This thread is really interesting to me. I want to analyze and find out what else I have. It's cool to see what little idiosyncracies people have, as strange as they may be.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
i dont think this is OCD, but if i am washing my hands, i have to make sure both hands get wet, not just one. otherwise i feel uncomfortable. its not unbareable, sometimes i just wash one hand for fun to see how uneven i feel afterwords...

im the exact opposite when i take shits tho.. all my clothes have got to be on
I'm really bad with my sleeping patterns.

I absolutely have to take a pee before I go to sleep. Sometimes I'll go, and then do stuff on the comp for 15 mins, and I have to go again, and I just sit there and nothing comes out and it bugs the crap out of me.

I also can't have any light in my room at all. Even my laptop blinking away bugs me, just the fact that I know it's there.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
I also can't have any light in my room at all. Even my laptop blinking away bugs me, just the fact that I know it's there.

Yeah dude I cant stand that either, makes me like feel weird if its on. I hate lights on when I sleeping, and I have to sleep in my living room and my mom has this dumb ass light on in the kitchen and its real dumb I want ti real dark when i sleep.
I do that too. If one letter didn't show up as dark as another, I will fill it in, and end up making a huge mess. it sucks. i have mild ocd sometimes.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by LORD V4DER

OMG I DO THE EXACT SAME FREAKING THING
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
I don't have OCD but I enjoy doing the thing you're talking about. I wrote Led Zeplin (I know it's spelled wrong supposed to be that way not regular Led Zeppelin) 50 times on my math notes just because I liked the way it looked. I alternated in capitals in lower cases randomly.

Another example is this. Yes it actually says something and no I didn't make it just for this thread.

What's up?
yeah i do too. i don't think it's ocd though. it's probably just a habit. if you really wanted to you could resist going back over it (most of us could, maybe not all). someone with ocd would probably have the problem get so bad that they would have teachers yelling at them to turn in quizes that they couldn't stop tracing over the letters of. unless it actually starts interferring with your life it probably isn't ocd. i think, for whatever reason, ocd is very desireable disorder. we often associate it with geniuses who are tortured by their attention to detail, so a lot of people convince themselves that they must continue their rituals or else they'll feel like the world is going to explode when really they just continue their rituals because otherwise they wouldn't be able to believe that they have ocd and that would mean that there's nothing special about them.

on the otherhand i do believe that everyone has their minor obsessive tendancies. i also have a habit of retracing letters til they're illegible. i also have an unnatural disgust for adhesives for some reason that people often suggest is a sign of ocd. but the truth is that none of these little rituals would continue if they came to a direct conflict with an immediate occurance. so i don't consider myself to have ocd.
Last edited by Blue Motion at Mar 19, 2007,
That is prtty odd, but I hear ya. I tend to count in my head for no particular reason. 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 56, etc etc. Thing is, I hate math. Yet i always do this. OCD?
I used to do that, it just went away after a while for me, so maybe the same will happen for you?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
i scribble over letters alot, often in french when the teacher calls out the answers and i tick it right, i redo the tick until it is the whole size of the page.
every night i kivk the fridge door to make sure its closed right and also check the dials on the gas cooker to make sure there is no leak. and sometimes i get really strong urges to move things.

ive never got it checked out, but im pretty sure ive got OCD
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
That isn't OCD, and the fact that everyone claims to have OCD these days because they have a bit of a quirk just totally cheapens the disability.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
That isn't OCD, and the fact that everyone claims to have OCD these days because they have a bit of a quirk just totally cheapens the disability.

yeah, ocd isn't doesn't mean you have desires to do things in a certain way, everyone does that. ocd is a seriousl disability

this is ocd:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DLY8tbrgHdo
OCD, if I'm correct, is a disease that affects your life. Everytime the person touches something they have to touch it again in the same exact place in the same exact way. If they don't they fear something extremely bad will happen to them. This applies for other things as well such as, preparing food, leaving the house, putting on clothes, cleaning habits, and other tasks. People that have this disease even ask other people to do things for them. An example would be that a person with OCD wants you to prepare their food. They will watch you do so and if you do not do it correctly they will not eat it, because they are afraid of the imaginary consequences. If you refuse to do something for them they will beg you, they will not forget about what they wanted either.Rituals are very important to them. At least that's what I think it is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: All the comments people left on that youtube video are retarded.
What's up?
Last edited by HPLoveCraft at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by garden of grey
I have to agree strongly.

At least half of the people with "American-diseases" don't have anything wrong with them. (Except for being dumb enough to spend a shitload of money on useless medication)

I agree. People that pretend to have disorders are attention *****s who want to feel special at the expense of others catering to them like idiots.
What's up?
Quote by HPLoveCraft
I agree. People that pretend to have disorders are attention *****s who want to feel special at the expense of others catering to them like idiots.

I don't really believe it's as bad as some people make it out to be, because it requires buy-in from the doctors. You pretty much have to think that doctors are either purposely trying to weasel people out of their money, or stupid enough to fall for the "disorder" craze themselves.

I tend to think of doctors as one of the last truly trusted professions in the world. Most of them aren't in it for the money. Most of them are also extremely intelligent. Neither of those characteristics lend themselves to supporting some sort of fake disorder conspiracy meant to bamboozle the average joe.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Page 1 of 2