ok so heres the story, i just go this old Ibanez RG 170 from one of my friends really cheap. the paintjob is shot anfd it is COVERED in stickers. so i am repainting it. Heres what I want the final product to be.

Body:
EVH paintjob, black with dark red lines.

Bridge:
dont know yet, right now it is a fender strat style bridge but im thinking about filling in the tremolo cavity and routing it for a tune-o-matic or even a string through...help please in this part.

Pickups:
either want Active EMG 81/85..zakk wylde setup or some duncans. right now there is a middle sc pickup in the guitar. i am going to rout deeper if i have to but that is where i will put the battery(if i use emgs)... or i will put the battery somewhere else and put an sc there.

Controls vol,tone, 5 way.same.

Neck and headstock:
same, all maple with black headstock.

here is a pic of what im going for.

heres the guitar now....comments please!

Other than the jackson head, looks nice xD

But yeah, ditch the stickers. Only the purest of superfaggots put stickers on guitars.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
lol hanson sucks, but i like your idea man.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
ya, i was at this kids house and this guitar plays good but it looks like crap. hes like ill sell it to you for 50.i was like wow your dumb. he sold it to me.
Alright, it sounds good except....the evh paint job is gonna be a LOT of cash...you're better off just getting a simple design...and if you get the emg's....you need somewhere to put the battery.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
EVH is SO LAME AND OVERUSED! Surely you can be a little more original than that?

Apart from that I like the idea. Why don't you just fill the middle pickup route and make it H-H?

I'm interested in seeing how you would fill the trem cavity, I'd like to do that on my new project if it was easy enough.
Replace the nut with a graphite one. Graphite > plastic.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
yaa. this thread is dead. but im thinkin of doing all of the soldering myself to save time and money and just get wiring diagrams offline. couls someone give me some pointers on this?
Offline? Don't you mean online?
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/2h_1v_1t_3w.html
Here's a diagram.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/3ws_trans.html
And here's how to change the 3-way Gibson switch to a 3-way Fender style one.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club