liquidknowledg4
1,147 IQ
I was wondering what tuning dimebag used on this song. I have seen and learned the tab for it in standard tuning but i know he used drop D and whole step down tuning alot. Does anyone know what tuning he used on the song cowboys from hell?
NOtrab
UG's Pearl Jam freak
180 IQ
standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
robsta_65
UG's Dio lover
565 IQ
yep, it is a 1/4 step down.
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
JDawg4098
Banned
1,001 IQ
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Nope, 1/4 step down.

...quarter step??

Are you positive about that? I've never heard of tuning down a quarter step. Very interesting...But i'm blues so i'm not exposed to Dimebag alot, 1/2 step for me.
The Kinzo
102 IQ
Actually, Dimebag tunes 1/4th step down for mostly all tunings he is in. So since "CFH" is in standard, Dime is actually in between halfstep down tuning and standard
wylde_overdrive
Been here for a while
4,556 IQ
Quote by JDawg4098
...quarter step??

Are you positive about that? I've never heard of tuning down a quarter step. Very interesting...But i'm blues so i'm not exposed to Dimebag alot, 1/2 step for me.

Yup, I'm sure.

Live it was probably a more regular tuning, but on the album, it was 1/4 step down.
bucky_2300
Onward!
1,344 IQ
The tape was changed slightly in speed, resulting in a change of pitch. Case in point - Cemetery Gates. It's tuned down a 1/4 step, but it's not like they actually tuned their instruments down a quarter step. The piano would sound like bollocks on that track against the other instruments if it weren't a tape speed thing.
no
The Kinzo
102 IQ
Quote by bucky_2300
The tape was changed slightly in speed, resulting in a change of pitch. Case in point - Cemetery Gates. It's tuned down a 1/4 step, but it's not like they actually tuned their instruments down a quarter step. The piano would sound like bollocks on that track against the other instruments if it weren't a tape speed thing.

haha there ya have it
Kurapica
611 IQ
Yeah I remember reading the quarter step thing too, but standard for all intents.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
liquidknowledg4
1,147 IQ
alright ill just stay with standard, thats the only tab i can find anyway. thanks dudes