Hey guys.

I've been playing guitar for a while now, about 3 years.
And I've gotten rather good...

But now my guitar is dead, and the pickups are starting the buzz.

And the truth is, my guitar is just plain bad. It's a fender starcaster.(a n00b guitar really...)
And it never had any punch to it from the start.

So as I'm looking in to getting a new guitar my dad says to me"What do you want a new one for? You've got a strat!"

So I tried to explain the diffrence between a strat and a starcaster lol. He wouldn't let me say that the guitar wasn't anywhere near as good and replied with "I actually don't think it sounds that bad."

So later it came up again, and I told him that the pickups weren't perfect and the strings were a mile off the fretboard.

And still he countinued to say that it didn't sound bad...
But it comes to a point where you know what sounds good, and there is a fine line between okay and incredible. (lol)

So... how can I explain the difference between a strat and a starcaster?
(I plan on getting an ESP when I get a new guitar)
You could always reduce the action.

You can explain to him by showing him the two different guitars on a website or something.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Just tell him that he has no idea whats hes talking about, and that you are the guitarist not him.

Worked for me.

Of course you have to sugar coat it.
Tell him that starcasters are really cheap guitars because they are for made beginners, and since you're not a beginner anymore, you need something better.
Quote by everythingdies
Tell him that starcasters are really cheap guitars because they are for made beginners, and since you're not a beginner anymore, you need something better.

it's funny 'cause I plan on buying it myself.
show em the price difference between your guitar and an american strat online. Then show him the esp, I'm sure he'll give in.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
where they are made. the type of wood it;s made of.
(ply wood guitars start to warp after a while)
it's ability to keep in tune. it's tone, fret work, electronics.

play him a song. impress him and take him to a shop, play again for him on a nicer guitar.
show him the difference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
id go with the tell him ur not a beginner any more ftw
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
my dad did the same thing. i had a walmart one. he wanted me to keep that one,that was until i said id pay for the new one. lol.