So after conversing with my self, I find it is now time to ask the good people of ug their opinion. My budget is around 600$ to start off. The current gear I have is a Ibanez S470 and a Spider III 75w. With the 600$ I'm looking to do one of three things. Looking for a new guitar that is non trem so I can deal with different tunings quickly. I am also looking at a tube amp. And finally I am looking for a good wah pedal. My style is Blues and Classic Rock with maybe enough gain for early metal.

Heres what I was thinking so far, but am open to suggestions:

Peavey Valvekin112 combo
Vox v848 Clyde Wah
Maybe Agile AL-2500 or 3000

Which should I go for first?
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Maybe try a Blues Junior with a Metal Muff for metal. Also maybe an Ashdown Fallen Angel or B-52 combo. I've heard good things about both.
do u like to switch tunings alot? if not then stay with the ibanez...but to answer ur question i would get a new amp first...perhaps a Fender hot rod?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
I don't switch tunings too often, buts its a pain when I do. Mostly just dropping it a halfstep or Drop D. Seeing as I am in a band, when we play songs in different tunings its just an inconvenience to stop while I tune my guitar. But I'm thinkin amp too.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
dont get the Vox Wah, get a Crybaby! And all babies will run crying to their moms in fear when they hear you!!!1
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
dont get the Vox Wah, get a Crybaby! And all babies will run crying to their moms in fear when they hear you!!!1
For somebody with such a nice guitar you seem a tad clueless...

Crybabies are crap, VOX owns them.

What sorta blues do you play, more BB King style or SRV style? If you like SRV you'll need a neck single coil, BB King used humbuckers predominantly so i'd get a Gibbo copy for him.

The valveking's a budget valve combo, I'd much rather have an Epi VJ with a bunch of pedals unless you plan to gig anytime soon (although even then the VJ can handle small gigs with a big extension cab, 4x12 or 1x15 or something).

If you go the VJ route, I'd recommend you get an OD and EQ pedal minimum also, I'd recommend a Bad Monkey + Danelectro Fish N Chips, and a Metal Muff for your metal wants with the Clyde McCoy for your wah.

The guitar's good, but I don't think it suits your style too well. I'd sell it and replace it with a Mexican Fender HSS Strat.

I'd probably go in order: Sell Ibanez + Spider > Buy Fender Standard HSS Strat > Buy VJ > Buy pedals.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Last edited by MrCarrot at Mar 9, 2007,
i do like sound of the crybaby more at least
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
thanks for the advice carrot. You are right in the fact that I play more Vaughan type stuff. However everything I write from scratch has a type of chili pepppers vibe. My S470 is H-S-H, so usually I use my middle single coil for everything blues. However next Im thinking about throwing Duncans in and coil tapping all, so basically I will have a total machine, basically any configuration I want. And for the VJ, I do intend on gigging soon with my band so I'm not so keen on that. I love my Spider for metal, so will be keeping both it and the Ibanez because the Ibby is bliss to my ears on heavier stuff. Besides I only want a second guitar to tune weird.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG