I have always wondered, if there has ever been any huge musicians (past/present), who never knew any chords at all?

All who i've heard is Elvis?
Quoi?

Elvis played nothing BUT chords...Carl Perkins did all the fancy stuff. I once heard BB King say he couldn't play chords...on telly, he didn't come round for a cup of tea and a jaffa cake or anything like that. He probably can though, but says he can't so he gets to play lead all the time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i guess you could make up your own but no matter what it will always be a to g no matter if you did or not
3 notes = 1 chord...so it's pretty much impossible.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by steven seagull
Quoi?

Elvis played nothing BUT chords...Carl Perkins did all the fancy stuff. I once heard BB King say he couldn't play chords...on telly, he didn't come round for a cup of tea and a jaffa cake or anything like that. He probably can though, but says he can't so he gets to play lead all the time.

Hehehe.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
I've seen a video where B.B. talks about the fact that he does know chords, but his knowledge of them isn't as broad as he wished it to be...if I remember correctly, he said his biggest regret in learning guitar was not spending enough time with them.
Well I'm sure there's loads of wind instrument players who have never played chords.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I honestly dont know how thats possible, at any rate. If you dont know chords, chances are you dont have any idea where to start when writing a song.
Quote by evening_crow
3 notes = 1 chord...so it's pretty much impossible.

No one said anything about physical ability to play chords. Anyone with fingers could randomly push down on a few strings and strum. The question was about musicians knowing chords.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.