ive seen my friend do it but he never showed me im trying to play along with the cd for ratm killing in the name and i need to tune down but dont know how
ONLY Tuning thread.

*reported*
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Instead of tuning the fifth fret of the E string to the open A string, tune the seventh fret of the E string to the open A string. Down one step.

*dont be a retard and write *reported* like that*
Schecter Hellraiser
-Abalone border
-Gothic cross inlays
-Orgasm.
It is really not that hard to do. Learn the notes on the fretboard.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
tune the 7th fret (normally a B) of your low E string to match your A string...that is, play the 7th fret, then tune the string down till the pitch matches the A string.
tune ur E string down until the 7th fret of the E string matches the open A string (the 5th fret matches the open in standard tuning). Good luck.
play 7th fret on E till it sounds like open A, very simple
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
Quote by walkinbazooka
ONLY Tuning thread.

*reported*

seriously, man, there was no need for that. he's new and just didnt know. by all means, go ahead and direct him to the tuning thread, but yelling "*reported*!" at everything is just stupid and uncalled for.

sorry to say it, but you are one of the things wrong with UG at the moment...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
so what if theres threads on this already. I hate people who feel the need to tell on other guys. he just wants help. don't be such pricks... Is it really that painful to see more than one thread on the same topic. don't be such douchebags... (walkinbazooka)

But yeah, just play the low E on the 7th fret and tune down until it sounds exactly like the A string, right above it.

haha, god bless ratm. hope they tour in seattle.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by instagata0
seriously, man, there was no need for that. he's new and just didnt know. by all means, go ahead and direct him to the tuning thread, but yelling "*reported*!" at everything is just stupid and uncalled for.

sorry to say it, but you are one of the things wrong with UG at the moment...

That annoys me too
anyway tune it so the 7th fret of your low E string matches in tone with your A string.
Or you could do what i do and tune your open E (6th/biggest string) to the same pitch as your open D (4th/3rd biggest)

Viola!
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
Quote by ian_mcpike1990
Or you could do what i do and tune your open E (6th/biggest string) to the same pitch as your open D (4th/3rd biggest)

Viola!

true, but not a lot of people have that good sense of pitch. it's easier if it's the same note in the same octave. so they should sound exactly the same, not just same pitch.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I hit my E and D string at the same time and adjust until it's in tune.(No waves )
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls