look, i want a simple answer, minus the flaming/ reporting....all that stuff.....ok so my friends and i are planning on making a band and i want to name it "cutE without the (E)"

named after the taking back sunday song......i know that would be prefectly legal, but do you think that it would be sh**y of me?
UG's HIPPIE
It wouldn't be legal if the name is copyrighted...
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
well it would be illegal to name a SONG that not a BAND.... and i spelled it differently..i mean if we actually make it somewhere and we get a big name..would taking back sunday sit there watching our video thinking: idk why there so famous, we made them with that name"
UG's HIPPIE
I didn't think you could copyright song titles.

You can name your band whatever you want (obviously as long as the name isn't taken.) If you play music in the same vein as Taking Back Sunday, you should at least brace yourself for comparisons or allegations of "ripping" them off. It's up to you, though, if you like the name, use it.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
You can't copyright song titles.

And as long as the name isn't taken then it is ok. But people will think you are influenced by Taking Back Sunday
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
well no, we dont plan to play TBS style at all...but our lyrics have to do with things TBS sings about, but no, we wouldnt play or sound at all like TBS, so it wouldnt be rip off songs...
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
well no, we dont plan to play TBS style at all...but our lyrics have to do with things TBS sings about, but no, we wouldnt play or sound at all like TBS, so it wouldnt be rip off songs...

I know, but its what your audience is going to expect to hear.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
you could spell it cut, but with a little accent marker above the u. that'd be kinda cool.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
well we live in a small town so if we played in the drummers garage we would be heard by half the town and all the ppl in our town is friends with everyone in towns around us....so if they heard us b4 they knew the name, then they would know....and then once we get a purevolume/myspace i think we'll have about 600 "fans" by then because everyone knows everyone and with exeption with the ppl that listen to rap, all of us pretty much like every band.... but we would be more of an Atreyu/ Emery mix....yeah, i know difficult but still....i know this all sounds dumb and hopefull, but i know my town...
UG's HIPPIE