Poll Options
View poll results: what should i get?
Billie Joe Les Paul Junior
17 19%
Original Les Paul Junior
71 81%
Voters: 88.
Page 1 of 2
whats better to get? the only thing i like about the Billie Joe Junior is the Classic White finish and the pickup....but is the H-90 way different then the Lp Junior's P-90?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
its basically the same guitar
you only pay more for the green day guy guitar because it has his name on it

get the original one

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I've played the Billie joe, and it's plays pretty good actually, I had no complains from it other than the neck doesnt have much fret reach for the upper frets.
i think the h-90 it's just a noiseless p-90

you can change the pickup and paint it in classic white and you're going to spend less money doing that instead of buying the billie joe signature model
I would rather have the original. A Billie Joe LP Junior just doesn't seem that appealing to me.
noiseless P-90? as in hum-cancelling? i never really got what that meant haha
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
theres actually a billie joe signature guitar? wow. i would really spend money on that. maybe i could sound like green day on it if i could figure out how to play these damn hard power chords.
^kinda dies in the internet though

but it was obvious...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well, why would you just like to get a guitar with on P90 pup?

look at my sig;-)

but seriously, don't get the Billie joe one, you are paying so much jsut for the name...
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
i like the sound of the P-90. its nice and punchy. i play mostly punk and its tone is what im looking for, im wondering whats so different about the H-90...i dont really get what hum cancelling means though haha.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Quote by Austrorammer
well, why would you just like to get a guitar with on P90 pup?

look at my sig;-)

I guess Pete Townshend, Tony Iommi and The Beatles are pussies?
"Rock music is important to people because... it allows you...not to run away
from the problems that are there, but to face up to them, but at
the same time to sort of dance all over them.
That's what rock 'n' roll's about."
--Pete Townshend
I hate the fact that Billie Joe's has his signature on it, but otherwise its a great guitar. There were a couple at guitar center and they all felt really nice and a bit better than the normal lp jrs. Also keep in mind the billie joe one comes with a nice case as well. I would replace the humbucker with a p90 if you got it though.
And I absolutely love p-90's, I got a faded double cutaway with them and they are some of my favorite pickups ever.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by SpiderFromMars

Your right...but I still find it hillarious.

The Billie Joe with the classic white looks pretty tight, but I voted for the original because I'm anti-signiture guitars....
Quote by SpiderFromMars

because pete townsend and tony iommi play P90's right

maybe once in their lifetime they have, but from what i know, both guitarists use humbuckers not P90's.

the billie joe sig. is a rip off, $1600 for a guitar that's worth no more than $200-$300 tops. even the normal Les Paul junior is a ripoff, and just to clear things up, i love Gibsons. if your really interested in buying a good guitar with P90's you should check out some PRS SE's

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Soapbar-Electric-Guitar?sku=519372

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Soapbar-II-Electric-Guitar?sku=519938

Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
wait....hold on.....what does hum cancelling mean?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Quote by Waterboy799
because pete townsend and tony iommi play P90's right

maybe once in their lifetime they have, but from what i know, both guitarists use humbuckers not P90's.

Iommi played an SG with a P-90 in the neck on the first six Sabbath albums, and Townshend played an SG with P-90's during the Tommy-era and I think during concerts after Who's Next (though he didn't play the SG on the actual album). Nice try though.
"Rock music is important to people because... it allows you...not to run away
from the problems that are there, but to face up to them, but at
the same time to sort of dance all over them.
That's what rock 'n' roll's about."
--Pete Townshend
i'd get the original.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by SpiderFromMars

Pete townshend and the beatles were.
Get an original. Save money and get the same guitar haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by guy66657
wait....hold on.....what does hum cancelling mean?

Hum cancelling means that they are wired i such a way that they don't make that humming sound when you're not playing any notes. "Hum" is most obvious in single coil pickups (strat types) and active pickups have the least, with normal humbucker being somewhere in the middle.

I'm guessing a hum-cancelling P-90 would be somewhere between a normal P-90 and a humbucker.
To be honest, I don't think hum cancelling P90's are really needed. I've seldom had huge issues with single coils, let alone P90's.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by cheames
Pete townshend and the beatles were.

...do I smell a false statement? I think so.
Well remember though that P-90's sound way different than humbuckers, P-90's were only used on the new Greenday songs, but for the old stuff he used humbuckers.

Hum cancelling P-90's are generally regarded not to be so good, they don't have the nice P-90 tone to them.

Id get neither. Your amp sucks donkey. Theyre not gonna sound good through it. If i got one of them id go with the original.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well remember though that P-90's sound way different than humbuckers, P-90's were only used on the new Greenday songs, but for the old stuff he used humbuckers.

Hum cancelling P-90's are generally regarded not to be so good, they don't have the nice P-90 tone to them.

Id get neither. Your amp sucks donkey. Theyre not gonna sound good through it. If i got one of them id go with the original.

+1 amp first pickups later

however the H90 isn't a hum cancelling pickup, it's just a stacked humbucker in a P90 housing to fit with the look of the junior.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
what amp would sound good with a LP Junior?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Quote by guy66657
what amp would sound good with a LP Junior?

Laney VC30/Fender Hotrod + P90s = *orgasm*
Well you play pop punk i guess (since you have a Blink avatar and is thinking about a Greenday sig...), a Marshall JCM800 and JCM900, Peavey 5150 and Windsor are som good choices.

^Yeah those are nice combos. But ive tried a Vox AC30 with an Orange 2x12 and a '77 Gibson LP Scpeial SC (with P-90's) and it was among the best tones ive ever heard!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i personaly like the billie joe jr, ( not just because i'm a huge fan) but because i prefer the overall feel, althought it is overpriced, but almost all sigs are, and to the guy who said it was worth 200-300 tops STFU, it is a good guitar, but a tad expensive, i purchased an epiphone les paul jr custom shop (just means limited edition) i love it to death, at the guitar center in phoenix i gotta try out some highger end gibson jrs, they're great, but first and foremost new amp, get a good tube preferably, and if i were you i'd spring for the billie joe jr, again not just because i'm a fan, but because i think it just feels better, (and i love the vintage white too) but have you considered the new melody maker? that comes in vintage white also
anyone with billie joe sig = n00b imo
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Kurapica
Get an original. Save money and get the same guitar haha.

You are a dirty liar. There's a different pickup and case involved, both better than an original.
Quote by RAPIST!
http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Billie%20Joe%20Armstrong%20Les%20Paul/
This should give some specs. Note the special case and H-90 pickup. The H-90 is a better P-90. Not as a Green Day fan, I would get it because it's better than a regular junior.

thats a bit of a flase statement mate, if you pay attention to the specs its just a stacked humbucker .... its not a p90
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by Woogles
anyone with billie joe sig = n00b imo

we are not talking about BJ being a good or bad guitar player, so your post is useless, better help the threadstarter out.

get this one LP that has a P90 in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge, i forgot the name of that...
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by Austrorammer
we are not talking about BJ being a good or bad guitar player, so your post is useless, better help the threadstarter out.

get this one LP that has a P90 in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge, i forgot the name of that...

BFG
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
I would buy an EPI, just for the body and neck put hardware and a pickup on it, and have a LP junior to play. 7hAn 1 c(_)d pl3y 4/\/\3riCan !di07
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I would say go for a standard LP. You could get a decent one for a fair price. and the sound quality is great with EMG 81 and EMG 85 pickups.

My gear:
Epiphone Explorer (metallic red)
Lyon LI15 (Joe Trohman signature series)
Ibanez GSR 200
Crate Amp
Peavey 40watt
Peavey 75 watt bass amp
Lyon wah pedal
DOD bass grunge pedal
Monster Cables
Quote by woodenbandman
I would buy an EPI, just for the body and neck put hardware and a pickup on it, and have a LP junior to play. 7hAn 1 c(_)d pl3y 4/\/\3riCan !di07

I like the epiphone idea. Either that or get a regular Jr. then spend the money you save on a better amp.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Page 1 of 2