I've had this problem for a while, and its terribly annoying. If i'm playing on clean, and i step on my tubescreamer, and then put on my wah, it makes a huge leap from bass to treble very quickly, and makes it seem like there is no sound when it is on bass, and too much sound on treble. I'm talking deafening/annoying treble here, and no sound on bass at all. This only happens on clean with the tubescreamer on. Not on distortion, and not as much with my big muff. Can someone help me out here?
Oh, and would a tubescreamer on a big muff sound good at all. Doesn't sound great on my amp on clean really, really makes the big muff lose its edge.
My setup is a Strat through a big muff, tubescreamer, then a Vox Clyde McCoy wah, into a Crate Palomino Class A Tube amp (only one channel. Could this be a problem?)

Hmm....this seems to be happening more with my big muff this time. I've got it used (the wah), so maybe i just need to replace a part or two?
And my big muff sounds terrible with the gain up on my amp (this fixing the wah problem, but giving me the inability to play my big muff!) I can only play one or the other depending on how my amp is set up. The tubescreamer also doesn't sound too well on clean with the wah, but with some gain and the wah with the tubescreamer, sounds very nice. Overall Very annoying!
the wah should go first so it can "work" with the raw signal from the guitar...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
your setup should be guitar, wah, then tubescreamer. At least thats what mine is and it works fine.
|
|
|
V
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
your setup should be guitar, wah, then tubescreamer. At least thats what mine is and it works fine.
|
|
|
V

+1, the wah should really be the first thing in your chain.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Agree with order suggestions. But I dunno why using a tubescreamer and a big muff is really a good idea anyway...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
a wah acts as a filter, so it will take away alot of the distortion if you put the tubescreamer first
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
I've got a Clyde McCoy too, use that first, then the tubescreamer, then the Muff.
The TS and the Muff could sound great together. And try adjusting the TS's settings, and use the bridge pickup.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30