I recorded my drummer yesterday with four mics and ran them through a mixer, and then lined out from the mixer into my computer's soundcard, and for some reason the drums sound really strange. Most of the cymbals and the snare sound fine, but the bass drum and the hi-hat sound really electronic and strange. Why would this have happened?

I used four mics, one by the toms and ride, one on the other side of the toms, near one of the crashes, a snare mic, and then one on the bass drum, if it helps.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
I'm not really sure, but I know they have special "drum mics" that you can use when recording. Maybe they have those because regular mics dont work? I dunno man.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Most of the cymbals and the snare sound fine, but the bass drum and the hi-hat sound really electronic and strange. Why would this have happened?

I've got a feeling it's phasing.
http://www.recordingreview.com/music_glossary/2006/06/02/phase/

Brandon
You have probaly panned the mics wrong. Ff you have panned them that is.
If you pan the right side of the kit to the left, and the left to the right, it should make a wierd phasing effect.

Were the two overheads in the same position but like on other side? If you know what i mean, One on the right, one of the left, in the same way?