Page 1 of 2
I told ya dude. Odd that it's taken this long to comfirm it.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Fall Out Boy have some pretty mediocre lyrics. Surely Pete Wentz didn't need to borrow other people's lyrics?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by Cedence
Of course, they steal lyrics from the best lyricist in hardcore.

Made me hate Fallout Boy a little more.

BACKED.

i'm pretty sure that one of the dudes from FOB is wearing a Give Up The Ghost hoodie in one of their videos. it's strange that they would steal from them like that.
I Would Assume Most People Here Agree Fall Out Bitch Are The Worst Band Out Now And Emo Is Not Punk Rock.Dance Dance.... What A Concept What Happened in the Video That Waz Played 3,853,987 Times On M.T.V. Mass Televised Videos.Dancing Very Deep Writing Really Changing Rock There.
Treat Me Like Dynamite And Give me Medication Till My Stomachs Full -Andy warhol Paints America- Bush Pains America Bitter distaste rhymes outside find wayz to hide.
You Can Let Go Of The Shift Button Once In A While.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Wow. I knew that Fall Out Boy were corporate *****s, but plagarist? Wow, that is an abomination and I hope to god they get the ass sued out of them. Not just the shit, the ASS, the big fat gay ass that is them.

Making bad lyrics is one thing, but to use other's lyrics and call them your own... that's like the ultimate dishonor there.
Quote by Deth Toll
Making bad lyrics is one thing, but to use other's lyrics and call them your own... that's like the ultimate dishonor there.

Have you seen any of their film clips? they have no understanding of the word dignity, let alone honor.
Quote by Cedence
they steal lyrics from the best lyricist in hardcore.

i hope you're joking
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Quote by bloodstained
i hope you're joking

no hes not

Wes Eisold was one of the best lyricists in hardcore

the lyrics are what made AN/GUTG
Quote by kaktusnpoop
the lyrics are what made AN/GUTG

I've never paid much attention to the lyrics, and still like em. don't like some girls much though.
Quote by DeadxWillxRise
Have you seen any of their film clips? they have no understanding of the word dignity, let alone honor.

YEah, but at least they weren't cheating their fans.

There is no justice in this universe; Dimebag gets shot, Chuck Schuldiner dies because of America's ****ed up health insurance crap, and yet these guys are allowed to do this. I tell you, they will get through this. They will plow through whatever lawsuit awaits them. Why? There is no justice. If there was, these guys would be in jail getting it on with their future husbands.
Last edited by Deth Toll at Mar 9, 2007,
there are a lot of ignorant people on this board

it sucks that fob had to plagerize, but how are they homosexuals for doing that?
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Quote by shai_savant

it sucks that fob had to plagerize, but how are they homosexuals for doing that?

Fair point.
Article doesn't really explain much. Would have liked some examples.

Credited as a co-writer, yet he didn't even know about it? That's not really right, just because FOB are a huge band now doesn't give them the right to pick and choose from other people's work. People will still notice.

It's a shame it's come to this.
Quote by bloodstained
i hope you're joking

I hope you are joking

Wes writes some of the most amazing lyrics I've ever seen. I haven't read any of his work for Some Girls, but I get the feeling that it's not nearly as good as his old stuff. Some Girls is just disappointing to me.
What's the big deal, MCs reuse lines from other MCs all the time.

Jay Z has basically used every Biggie line ever.
Eminem "stole" the chorus to Way I Am.
I hated them already, but this just takes the piss. to take someone elses lyrics WITHOUT ASKING and use them and thinking crediting him is enough is just obscene.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Examples..?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

To me it doesn't sound as though they stole the lyrics from Eisold's songs, it sounds more like they co-wrote with him and just didn't credit him, thus cutting him out of the royalties. Eisold wasn't happy with not getting any money from what he helped with and so took it to court to try and get his name as co-writer on the lyrics. I don't believe they (FOB) actually went through AN/GUTG tracks and took chunks out, unless you can prove that wrong of course.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^ It says in the article that he is credited with being co-writer on three tracks though. The way I take that is to mean that his lyrics (or a variation), were used in the song, and he was listed as a co-writer but never told/paid/whatever.

Examples would be good though.
Oh whoops, misread that. Really should take a bit more time reading over things...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Its funny how you all scream "Death to fall out boy" BUT that dude who sued them from this band you all liked co wrote three of their songs on the next album.

Edit: you need permission to use lyrical content of some kind or another, if he co-wrote the "songs" that means he had part in teh songwriting directly.......thats the impression I am under atleast
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Mar 9, 2007,
This article really needed to go into more detail.

Quote by Cedence
I hope you are joking

Wes writes some of the most amazing lyrics I've ever seen. I haven't read any of his work for Some Girls, but I get the feeling that it's not nearly as good as his old stuff. Some Girls is just disappointing to me.

He writes the best lyrics in hardcore. Even though I enjoy AN somewhat more, his lyrics in Some Girls are just as good if not better.
Quote by shai_savant

because they like p33n
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
when i read about his on lambgoat i was so angry. this is bullshit. but i guess you can't blame them they were just trying to be as good as the lyrical genius wes eisold.
Quote by Jonjy2
I like how this thread about fallout boy is in the "Hardcore" forum...

i like how it's on a site called "punk news"
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by J Lock
You Can Let Go Of The Shift Button Once In A While.

I TIHNK HE WAS TYPING FULLY IN CAPS, LIKE I AM NOW. WHICH RESULTS IN ONLY THE FIRST LETTER OF EVERY WORD BEING CAPITALIZED.

AND YEAH THATS PRETTY SHIT BOUT THE LYRICS STEALING INCIDENT.

EDIT: WTF??? OF ALL TIMES I TYPE ENTIRELY IN CAPS, THIS TIME IT WORKS?
Page 1 of 2