So in my Creative Writing course, we have to do a presentation on a book of short stories by one author. The ones I had in mind I found out I cannot do, because I have read them already. The teacher wants us to find something new we haven't read yet.

Soo...what are you favorite ones? Who are they by? What's a brief description of the writing style(so I can tell if I'll enjoy reading this or not) and the genre?

I guess I'll give mine in case anyone else wants ideas for something to read.

I was GOING to do "The Continental Op" by Dashiell Hammett. It's all featuring his sleuth The Continental Op. It is classical crime noir, full of murder, robbery, and amazing writing.

EDIT: Just to be clear. I'm not worried about the presentation. It's not a paper or anything big. Just get up in the class and talk about it for like 5-10 minutes. Easy. So don't worry about that, this is mainly to get something interesting to read and find an author I enjoy that I haven't read before.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Last edited by LilVikingboy at Mar 8, 2007,
The Chronicles of Narnia might be considered short stories. im not sure.

or, buy A Tolkien Miscellany. it has a couple of short stories by J.R.R. Tolkien.
I would say anything I have written, but I'm to lazy to publish things
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories by H.p. Lovecraft is great.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
You MUST check out The Wine of Youth by John Fante. It's a collection of short stories, and it's just amazing.
Poor advice.
Unfinished Tales by Tolkien.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Lonesome Highway by Jack Kerouac (Good stuff. Like a lot of mini "One The Road"s)

The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie (stories with reacurring characters on a Native America reservation in Washington state)

Greasy Lake by T.C. Boyle (a lot of disparate tales, but all good and some of them are funny.)
Dubliners by James Joyce, its very satirical and comments on Irish life in the early 20th century-- I highly suggest it.
Dubliners - James Joyce

or

Stories by T.C. Boyle. (it's got Greasy Lake. Best story ever.)

EDIT:

Wow beaten by a few seconds!!
get a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories. i wrote a paper about them last year for english class. it was extremely easy, and they were actually pretty good stories.
book of short stories by Edgar alan Poe
Style: Twisted and dark. Stories like the pit and the pendulum and the tell tale heart and many dark short stories. The dude was addicted to opium for most of his adult life. I highly recommend anything by Poe. Peace
the cat in the hat by dr. seuss. i mean come on, its about a cat WEARING a hat.
So there I was, surrounded by Koreans....
Ooo, I COULD do Sherlock Holmes. I read a lot of them last year for a class and LOVED them. Plus I wouldn't have to read anything else over spring break since I'm already taking 5 books with me.

Hmm...keep them coming, guys. Some of these are tickling my curiosity.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)