So I've decided to specialize with guitars, use my LP for bluesy stuff and RG for metal. Since I'm going after that bluesy sound, I figure I'll get some pickups made for that sort of thing.

I'm guessing pickups are about $70 apiece, but how much would it cost to get them installed? If its not too much, I'd rather let them do it professionally instead of me goofing around and messing them up.

Thanks in advance.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
some places do it for free if u buy some nice ones from them(i think) iv never bought new pickups
You can do it yourself for free. Well, you can do it for the cost of the pickups, a soldering iron and all it's accesories.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/how_to_install_a_pu.shtml

You can get a decent soldering iron kit at Radioshack for 10-20 bucks.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by forsaknazrael
Say, what kinda amp are ya playing through?

Lately, I've been using my mfx pedal through my stereo system, or playing through a friend's Johnson amp, at least till I make the big jump and get a new amp of my own.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Hm. Well, I'll say this, just so you can save up your money for a nice amp. A new set of pickups won't really make a SIGNIFICANT difference until you get a new amp. Playing through a stereo system is definitely no bueno.
It sounds like lame advice, but once you get a new amp, you might find that your LP sounds bluesy enough.