Well I was going to get a rickanbacker but decided I could get a strat for cheaper and still get pretty much the same sound. The only thing I need help with is the neck on a strat. I love my neck on my SG so am wondering do any strats have a neck like it. Like not really wide or fat?
i truly think SG necks are wide and fat...
Fender neck has small fretboard radius.
i love it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
....sgs have wide necks, strats have much thinner necks and plus all gibsons are way overpriced
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
My fat strat has an amazing neck... Very thin, fast, and comfortable.
My gear:
-Fender Jaguar HH
-Fender Fat Strat
-Guild GAD-G212
-Washburn D33S
-Vox AC30CC1 tube amp
-Vox 847 wah
-EH Big Muff
-EH Double Muff
-EH POG
-EH Small Clone
I'm not a fan of fender necks, I've got an sg and I'd say if you like that neck, it's going to be really hard to find a fender neck that your like.
First, you're not going to get the same sound from a Strat that you would from a Rickenbacker. Rics have maple bodies. They're the brightest guitars going. They make Telecasters sound like jazz boxes. As far as Fender necks, they make tons of different profiles. It's just a matter of getting some hands-on experience.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by OneRust
I'm not a fan of fender necks, I've got an sg and I'd say if you like that neck, it's going to be really hard to find a fender neck that your like.

i've got an SG and i like fender necks still.. i guess i'm just used to both.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.