Page 1 of 2
Ever heard of em' real good band from montreal of all places, the sunset will never charm us is a great little diddle and i heard they were making a new album soon
BTBAM-Colors Sept 18
They're good. Sometimes a little too hardcore for my tastes, but definately worth listening to.
That loser shit's right out the window!
I jut got their new CD like... last week or something... all I have to say is, it's amazing. haha the production is better, everything just sounds awesome. I highly recommend their new CD to all fans of their previous material and to people who have never heard them before. They are a great band.
I'm seeing them w/ The Red Chord, Through The Eyes of The Dead (YES!!!), ALL SHALL PERISH, and GENGHIS TRON (SSSWWWEEETTT!!!) on June 3rd here in Baltimore. I CAN'T WAIT
terrrrrrrrrrible vocals, especially considering they use two vocalists. do they ever even utilize that or do they always just take turns?

but seriously look at their pretentious lyrics, while listening to the unintelligible grunts they are actually making for amusement.
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
Despised Icon/Ion Dissonance turned into chugchug mosh metal aka no care at all.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
I have their split with Bodies In The Gears Of The Apparatus
Pretty damn good band
And the singer tried to hook up with this girl I know and got turned down.
Though she did screw the Misery Signals bassist =/
best band in the current "deathcore" scene

new album is rediculous
sXe babay!
Originally posted by )Eric(Draven
...all of their merch basically says "SUCK ON MY EDGE DICK... AFTER I'VE KNOWN YOU FOR 2 YEARS"
Quote by Ungero
terrrrrrrrrrible vocals, especially considering they use two vocalists. do they ever even utilize that or do they always just take turns?

yeah, even if you are a fan of harsh vocals, you can tell these guys fail

but seriously look at their pretentious lyrics, while listening to the unintelligible grunts they are actually making for amusement.

once more, its their voices that make it so bad, if their lyrics were unintelligible, but sounded right, it'd be fine, but unintelligible and ****ty = waste of good lyrical material.

also, in that whole "deathcore" scene, i'd say either through the eyes of the dead or bring me the horizon is the best.

i'm looking forward to the red chord/tteotd tour tbh. and i might be doing vocals for a friends band at Infest (the first show on the Summer Slaughter Tour + a few other bands, deathcore show, so it's on topic.)
Last edited by i am the robots at May 30, 2007,
^I was following you until you said TTEOTD and BMTH. How are those guys better than The Faceless, Animosity, All Shall Perish, Beneath The Massacre or Suicide Silence? All of those bands are better than TTEOTD or BMTH will ever be.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
3/5 bands he mentioned were 'melodic', and 5/5 were better than those two.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
For his top bands list, tbh, I don't really like Suicide Silence, the Faceless, Animosity, and Beneath the Massacre are really cool though. I personally enjoy the style of stuff Through The Eyes Of The Dead, Bring Me The Horizon, older Job For A Cowboy, As Blood Runs Black, and stuff more along those lines because I grew into metal with stuff like In Flames and At The Gates, and all of that standard generic Swedish melodic death metal sounding stuff. I'm not arguing that it's better, I'm just saying that I like it more, stop trying to force shit on me as if I'm an ignorant.

Also, check out Hacksaw To The Throat, I forgot how much they stand out.
^So you like the really bad deathcore, that's understandable.
I didn't mean that in an insulting way or anything.
Technically, lyrically and musically it's worse.
But whatever you dig.

Everyone rips on Suicide Silence because they don't know what they sound like unless they've seen them live. Just wait for the new CD. Just wait.
If you've seen them live you know what i'm talking about though.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
^I always thought you hated them.

I am the robots should hit up the Black Dahlia Murder & Nightrage for some decent Melo-death.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Uh... Black Dahlia Murder and Nightrage are really well known names. I'm not stupid, gd.

Also, Spectacle, TTEOTD and JFAC's lyrical content = fantastic. Well TTEOTD before Anthony became an alchoholic (Bloodlust era) and JFAC on Doom.

Once more, I'm not ignorant, your tastes aren't superior, they merely differ.
someone's touchy. No one's making fun of you.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Black Dahlia Murder is a good recommendation, it's not his fault that you listen to seemingly entry level deathcore bands. Again, not trying to insult you but it's true how most people just getting into the genre start with those bands.

I understand they have okay lyrics but read The Faceless' Akeldama lyrics or any of Animosity's and it blows it away.

I never said my taste was superior, but it doesn't make yours any better.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Your use of the "way better" statements = meh to me, as lyrical writing is like my life.

I prefer Gunnells' (TTEOTD) early lyrics to most others because of the images he uses and the fact that all of his songs are about romantic murder, something that I'm homosexually enough into.

Example:
I wonder if she was too dead to care
If I tasted the blood of Christ
Her heart was, weak and frail
I'm drowning in the blood of Christ
Her tears now, overflow
Falling on, hollow ground
Muffled screams escape
The gag tied, round her mouth

I swallowed her soul

Suffer this revenge under my dead heart

I was the devil in her only nightmare
I was the devil in her dreams
Now that she's not breathing
I've set my demons free

She is not breathing
I'm drowning in the blood of Christ
Her corpse is scarred with shame and tears
The sight induced my pain
This dead black heart once fed the smile of a girl with no name
To take comfort in yesterday's scars

Also, it seems that the "entry" level bands would be JFAC, ABRB, BMTH, and like, The Devil Wears Prada... TTEOTD only just started getting big, and I've been into them and JFAC almost since they've started, same for Animosity and The Faceless.

I'm pretty bored with death metal and hardcore in general lately, tbh, except for screamo.
Those lyrics define meh to me. It's stuff that people could write in 8th grade, in my opinion.

TTEOTD blew up off one EP and have what... one original member left? If any?
They've been big for awhile now.

Job For A Cowboy doesn't even sound the same anymore either.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Turn off your superiority filter for one second already: I know that the bands are big. I was saying the big name bands, as the smaller name bands can't really be "on top" of the genre.

I know TTEOTD only has Justin left, check out From Graves Of Valor, it's Jeff, Rich, and Dayton's new band. They're real good.

Deathcore bands I really like: The Knife Trade, The Damascus Intervention, Dead Man In Reno, The Red Chord, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, Job For A Cowboy, From Graves Of Valor, Hacksaw To The Throat, Animosity, The Faceless, All Shall Perish, Fire Set Birth, With Faith Or Flames, Bring Me The Horizon, From A Second Story Window, etc.
My superiority filter?
Quote by SilentSpectacle

I never said my taste was superior, but it doesn't make yours any better.

Quote by SilentSpectacle
Again, not trying to insult you but

Quote by SilentSpectacle
that's understandable.
I didn't mean that in an insulting way or anything.

Is this going in one ear and out the other?

You're almost TRYING to make me an asshole, when i'm just giving my opinion in responses.
It's a forum, opinion and opinion.
Obviously we disagree but don't get worked up about it.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Dude, when you're telling somebody, "Yeah your tastes suck," your statements come off as just slightly pretentious, especially in the case of somebody who I recall not knowing what he's talking about.
I enjoy DI's vocals. The new album is pretty good in my opinion. I don't care if its full of chug; its good chug to my ears. The superb production contributes to this aswell.

These guys along with BTM, ASP and The Faceless are my favourites in the 'scene'. Although I think The Faceless will last beyond the death of the fad; their musics too interesting and, well, fucking immense.

On a side note, BMTH are just bad.
Quote by BR00TAL
I enjoy DI's vocals. The new album is pretty good in my opinion. I don't care if its full of chug; its good chug to my ears. The superb production contributes to this aswell.

These guys along with BTM, ASP and The Faceless are my favourites in the 'scene'. Although I think The Faceless will last beyond the death of the fad; their musics too interesting and, well, fucking immense.

i agree. DI's vocals are really good. the chugs are good as well. and i also agree with the faceless making it past the death of the 'scene'
Quote by BR00TAL

And Despised Icon has good vocals...

Honestly, you kids need to learn wth an opinion is.

Also, I forgot how good Burning The Masses is.
^I think he meant Beneath the Massacre, although they're okay as well.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Page 1 of 2