so im tryin to dl this game on to my computer and all went well untill i actualy click "play game now".

this error comes up and it says:
"UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c00005)"

then when i click "ok"
this message pops up:
"Application Error - The instruction at "0x000362c43" referenced memory at "0x0004". The memory could not be "written".

now... what the **** does all that shit mean? can i not play my game?
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Quote by sfsknight07
it means your computer is stupid.

lawl
What game is it? Try closing down some programs on your computer and running it, you may not have enough free memory.
that didnt work. when you load the game you have to put in your name and a game key so you cant jsut load it and give it to a friend and this is an old as game and im sure last time it was used my old man was usin it and im pretty sure he used him name... think that may be the problem?
*taking wild crazy stabs*

If you have a compaq/hp you're screwed... if its a clone computer and you have the via chipset download the latest drivers from the motherboard manufacturer... if that's not it you've got a video driver problem.... and finally if that's it I'm taking a further wide stab that you are trying to run Diablo 2 and you may be experiencing "copy protection" errors...
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
Quote by NotOneWithNames

now... what the **** does all that shit mean?

It means the game tried to write to memory locations that were either being read from or write-restricted.

Quote by NotOneWithNames

can i not play my game?

No.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
jeeze... he was having copy protection problems...
Guitars:
Ibanez AG-85,

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
so thats all it is... all i have to do is get the name pops put down for the key thing and ill be able to play it?
probably... it's usually not a name thing but a key thing most of the time but occasionally you had to register a name that caused a key to be generated matched specifically to the name by the manufacturer... depending on your game that is probably what the problem is. It's from a common copy protection method where it doesnt match right so it crashes in that memory address
Guitars:
Ibanez AG-85,

Gear: