http://youtube.com/watch?v=skiH_XgutO8

Im trying to get that kind of harmonics...I tried adding +2 to the frets that are played...tried 3rds, and 5ths, and octaves. It doesnt sound quite right. Heres a small sample of the riff im trying to work with:

-----------------------------------|--------------------------|
-----------------------5-8-5-8-5-8-|--------------------------|
-----------5-8-5-8-5-8-------------|--4-7-4-7-4-7-4-7-4-7-4-7-|
--0--0--0--------------------------|--------------------------|

Seems like a melodic minor harmony. Very dark sounding. Although, queer metalcore kids think they can stick this into any old song to make it sound darker, when really, their just making themselves look ridiculous.

Sorry if I offended you. I just can't stand the predictability of today's metal. It's just so freakin cliche'.
Try 6ths. I think it might be 6ths, which would be a third lower then your root. Not a 6th up.
most common are thirds, i didnt watch it though, so check what ouchies said, and be aware that all the intervals arent gonna be for instance, a major third, some are gonna be minor, and whatnot
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by insideac
Erm...So basically change the tab and subtract 2 frets from each number? Or what?

err using notation would be a lot easier.

It would be subtracting 3 frets or 4 frets, 3 for a major 6th 4 for a major.
Do you think you guys could learn that tab and try and figure it out? THe major 6th and the 6th isnt working too hot, sounds way too dissonant
no figure it out yourself itll make you a better player.

you can always just tab it out in guitar pro and then add the 6ths in notation.
Thats what im doing, which is why I can tell it still sounds different. Well its not exactly dissonant, and we are almost there, but it makes the overall sound too low, where instead I want the 2nd guitar to sound higher.
3 or 4 frets, like ouchies said, and that is one hell of a clichéd riff...
try playing 6 notes up.it sounds diminished
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Alright, tbh the riff sucks but here is how i would harmonize it :

edit: just noticed i wrote down one of the parts wrong, w.e, you get the idea
Attachments:
here.zip
Quote by saddam
3 or 4 frets, like ouchies said, and that is one hell of a clichéd riff...

Yeah, its pretty generic tech death stuff. I tried the harmonization, it works fairly well, I guess Ill keep it. Thanks!
I think it's a pretty cool riff... here's how I'd harmonize it.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't realize you had already decided. Lol, disregard my post.
Attachments:
tech death riff.zip
No no, let me check it out...

THANK YOU THANK YOU! EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED ! <3 Check out the Original Recording section in a few minutes...thanks dude!

For future reference, what kind of harmonization is that?
Last edited by insideac at Mar 10, 2007,
Quote by insideac
No no, let me check it out...

THANK YOU THANK YOU! EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED ! <3 Check out the Original Recording section in a few minutes...thanks dude!

For future reference, what kind of harmonization is that?

I'm glad I could be of help! Now don't quote me on this, I'm still very much a theory noob, but I believe it was entirely in minor 3rds.