i was wondering if anyone knew any good sites to get parts for fender style tremolo bridges, my whammy bar snapped off the other day and is stuck in the grey blocky peice of the bridge, so are there any places to get a new one?

or if anyone has any ideas how to get the snapped bit of the bar out id be eternally grateful

If it broke above the surface of the plate you could get some pliers to grip it while you turn. If not, you may be able to fit a small flathead screwdriver in there and if you're lucky and it's jagged, you could possibly turn it out.

You can get a new tremolo arm at guitar center or almost any other guitar shop probably.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Quote by hokiecmo
If it broke above the surface of the plate you could get some pliers to grip it while you turn. If not, you may be able to fit a small flathead screwdriver in there and if you're lucky and it's jagged, you could possibly turn it out.

You can get a new tremolo arm at guitar center or almost any other guitar shop probably.

unfortunately it broke off in the worst possible place

are there any decent UK based shops which i could buy a new trem block from?

edit: would the wilkinson bridge fit on a strat style body without any more routing?
I got my Wilkinson bridge from Rose Morris in London. It's on Denmark Street. There's another site though, I think it's www.axesrus.co.uk

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
I got my Wilkinson bridge from Rose Morris in London. It's on Denmark Street. There's another site though, I think it's www.axesrus.co.uk

^that site is a nightmare to navigate lol, couldnt find any blocks though