So I got this ps1 emulator, and I spent all day yesterday downloading ff7, and now it's downloaded I have no idea how to get the files to play on my emulator. The type of file is RAR. Does anyone have a clue how to get it to play?

Or was I supposed to look for a certain type of file when I was looking to download it or something?

Cheers fo' the help
usually they are ROM files, but I'm not entirely sure
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Try using something like WinAce, thats what I use for my Roms, I had a few problems at first but got it in the end. Oh, and congrats on the download, I tried but it was gonna take like 6 days so I just went and bought it again, best moment of my life. I have them all except 9 and 11, gonna have to get them soon.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by cobain_is_king at Mar 9, 2007,
RARs are just things to make the files smaller and quicker to download, like ZIPs. They aren't the actual games.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
OK cheers, but I am a complete emulation n00b, and all this talk of winrar and cracks mean little or nothing to me.

If someone would be so kind as to pm me to help ,e do it step by step, or just post it here or something, I would be much appreciative.

I WANT TO PLAY FINAL FANTASY

Quote by im_hungry
ps1 emulator?

its like a PS1 on your computer.

I used to have a snes and sega genesis one.
Could someone pweese help me.

Right now i'm writing the file to a cd, the file is in the winrar archive format. Just thought i'd see if this works.
you need to download winrar, then you can extract the files using that, burning it to CD wont do anything.

Where did you get this ps1 emulator?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
A .rar file is just a file type used for compressing different files. It *contains* the actual file, but is not the file you want to run through your emulator. Simply download WinRar (it's free, google it) and open the .rar file, and "extract" it somewhere. It should throw the files where ever you told it to put them. Then, run those files through the emulator.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by fronkpies
you need to download winrar, then you can extract the files using that, burning it to CD wont do anything.

Where did you get this ps1 emulator?

I just googled ps1 emulators, then looked for the one that looked the best.

Cheers for the help squires, I shall try and get it to work.
Quote by Waster
I just googled ps1 emulators, then looked for the one that looked the best.

Cheers for the help squires, I shall try and get it to work.

Just download winrar... Winrar is to .rar files as winzip is to .zip files... I'm assuming you know what a zip file is here...
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
For fucks sake. Ok, so I got it all to work. Start up the emulator all excited like, and for some reason the game goes really fast. Like sound and video. AAARRRGHH.

Have I just got a dodgy download or is there a way to fix this?
Sounds like the gameboy emulator - if you held the spacebar it went super fast. I don't know how to slow it down but there is a way. So you got FFVII to play then?
RULE BRITANNIA
It's working! Just got to the first save point.

To the user above, yeah man! Me and my brother used to play it all the time when we had the playstation. But he's fucked off to uni with the game cos he can play it on his housemate's ps2.