He knows that I like to stay awake till almost the morning when I don't have class, he told me that being awake on night is bad because you're not reciving the energy from the sun and stuff... I didn't believe him then but now that just popped into my head and I wonder... could that be true?
You never directly receive energy from the sun, all energy you get is indirect so i think he was lying and it doesn't matter if its dark when you are awake
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
alot of the chemical balances in your body depends on your skins interaction with the sun....such as vitamin d, so he is partly correct
"its better to burn out than to fade away"
Yeah, without the sunlight's energy, you won't photosynthesize properly.
You need to be exposed to sun to absorb vitamin D
I don't really know how it works and I am to lazy to research, but we learned that at school
What about Spiderman then, huh? HUH? HUUHH??
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by yawn
Yeah, without the sunlight's energy, you won't photosynthesize properly.

humans can't photosynthesize
Quote by soulflyV
Was he talking about recieving Vitaman D from the sun? If so then i'm pretty sure you get enough during the day..

EDIT: And yeah, what Klayy said, i think you can take vitaman D tablets and such..
Sigs are overrated.
Quote by Garret.
humans can't photosynthesize
I guess you just haven't reached puberty yet.

Don't worry; eventually your time will come.
Quote by dannyboy14
Was he talking about recieving Vitaman D from the sun? If so then i'm pretty sure you get enough during the day..

EDIT: And yeah, what Klayy said, i think you can take vitaman D tablets and such..

If I double post, sorry, but apparently, you can get the bare minimum Vit. K from spending about 10 minutes outside a day.
Quote by yawn
I guess you just haven't reached puberty yet.

How did you Know!?!?
Quote by soulflyV
Ok lemme clear this up.

Sunlight *IS* important. You don;t need it to live, but you need it to be healthy.

1) Vitamin D : needed for calcium metabolism . Sunlight ( uv rays actually) ----> skin --> complex chemical process---> vitamin D in tissue

2) Your body clock needs sunlight to adjust itself. Sunlight that passes through your eyes activates your serotonin cycle , this affects the pituitary gland and hypothalamus, which is basically your body clock. It all depends on sunlight, not just any light. When a person lacks sunlight, he/she can get slightly unstable emotions, mild depression , etc. Here in Russia, we call it Winter Syndrome, because here;we barely get any sunlight during the 7 mths of winter,just gloomy grey sky. It's also known as S.A.D. , Seasonal Affective Depression/Disorder.
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
Last edited by Kai-7 at Mar 9, 2007,
Although there are theories which dispute the *exact* cause, most scientists DO agree that its because of the lack of sunlight.

Had to get that out of the way.
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.