I've got a poweramp, Crown Xs500, but we had a speaker cab damaged. I mean, big time. So until then, is it possible to use our other speaker in one part of the stereo output, making it mono? it only puts out a bridged mono at 8 ohms, but we have a 4 ohm speaker and our cabinet won't handle the 1450 watts it puts out in mono.
if the other speaker(s) are hard bypassed then no problem, just watch the volume on the amplifier. 1450 watts is with the thing on max sensitivity, just turn it to like Zero and you should be fine. treat it gently though.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by boardsofcanada
if the other speaker(s) are hard bypassed then no problem, just watch the volume on the amplifier. 1450 watts is with the thing on max sensitivity, just turn it to like Zero and you should be fine. treat it gently though.

Ok, they are. I do have a stereo guitar amp and I was wondering if I could do the same? Sometimes I feel the need to use lower volumes at certain times. I have a 4 ohm 2x12 cab and the guitar amp that puts out half the watts at 4 ohms, and twice the watts at 8. The cab can handle either, but I do want to know if I can use one channel, I think it projects more than a single speaker.

the schem from the amp looks like
    /                       |__      < right channel
    \
     \
      \-----------------
                     |__    <Bridged channel