hi, im buying a second hand emgs ,and im wondering what else should include beside from the pickups itself in order to install it on my guitar. is it not recomended to buy 2nd hand pickups?? are emgs built to last? thanks
buying 2nd hand pickups is fine as long as they're working and come with everything required.

EMGs are definitely built to last!!

The things that should be included are the mounting screws and springs.. also the wiring for the battery (EMGs normally come with the pots too but the seller may just keep those, in that case just use the current ones you have)
emg killswitch???a good tube amp if you dont allready have one...

lol woops i only skimmed through the question and i thought u meant what else should you buy....my bad lol....
Last edited by _-Skeletor-_ at Mar 9, 2007,
Quote by p2fyre
buying 2nd hand pickups is fine as long as they're working and come with everything required.

EMGs are definitely built to last!!

The things that should be included are the mounting screws and springs.. also the wiring for the battery (EMGs normally come with the pots too but the seller may just keep those, in that case just use the current ones you have)

No, you need a certain pot for EMGs. they use 25k pots, rather than 250 or 500 like regular passive pickups.
^^ ah right! sorry for my bad info on the pots there.. i've only ever changed two 81's for an 81 and an 85.. so obviously the pots were the correct ones in the first place!!

The mounting screws / springs are different sizes for different pickups.. so you need the correct ones. The ones you have already may fit just by luck
in all honesty id say youd be better buying them new as they come with the pots you need etc

also what amp do you have?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by newbie-me
i have a roland cube..

In that case it's really the best idea to get a tube amp to go with I f you don't have the money, you better start to save. It's usually not worth having the high output pickups if you don't have a tube amp to drive with them. It's what they are for.

If you are getting a good deal its cool. You have the EMGs, next you need to save the tube amp. If you are on the cheap, and need metal (I assume so as you are here and asking bout EMGs lol) I suggest a Marshall DSL combo, or perhaps a Peavy Valveking.