Afternoon all, just got my new Swineshead Venom's through the post ready for fitting into my Ibanez RG321MH!! They look awesome.

Realistically how long should it take for me to fit them tomorrow? The fitting schematic looks straight forward but ive never took the back off my guitar so god knows what ill find! Need to dig out my soldering iron.

Ive also got some Ernie Ball Super Slinkies to fit at the same time and considering this is the first time ive changed strings are their any tricks to it like stretching them a bit before fitting for example, not tightening them up fully straight away etc?

Should i remove all old strings when fitting my new pickups or should i keep one or two on to leave some tension in the neck?

Thanks

Adam
Search button - I know their is a thread devoted to String Changing, and there may be one on pickup changing.

It used to take me about 30 minutes to change pickups, but I had to remove the bridge, or take the strings off, remove the pickguard (damn strats), then solder three pickups out and then three new ones in, and sometimes change the wiring at the 5-way (when I put a humbucker in and wired for a coil tap). For a rear-routed guitar, and you are only changing one pickup, it shouldn't take more than 10-15 mins if you atleast competent with a soldering iron.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by AdamC
Afternoon all, just got my new Swineshead Venom's through the post ready for fitting into my Ibanez RG321MH!! They look awesome.

Realistically how long should it take for me to fit them tomorrow? The fitting schematic looks straight forward but ive never took the back off my guitar so god knows what ill find! Need to dig out my soldering iron.

Ive also got some Ernie Ball Super Slinkies to fit at the same time and considering this is the first time ive changed strings are their any tricks to it like stretching them a bit before fitting for example, not tightening them up fully straight away etc?

Should i remove all old strings when fitting my new pickups or should i keep one or two on to leave some tension in the neck?

Thanks

Adam

asking the stupid questions youve asked id say take it to a pro
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
Stupid questions? Sorry mate but having never done either of those things before and knowing its something that i can do myself why should i take it to a pro and get them to do it and pay for the privilege?

Surely the whole purpose of a forum is to ask questions that you would presume someone else knows the answer to.

We cant all be arseholes like you and know everything - it must have taken even you years to get to being this much of a twat.

Adam
I agree. I have no idea how to change a pick-up, although I would probably just be lazy and take it to a pro.
Member of the Geddy Lee Fanclub. He pwns you ALL!

Member #24 of the FFVII fan club

STICK IT TO THE MAN