Roland cube30X
40 53%
Vox ad30vt
19 25%
Other
16 21%
Voters: 75.
I got enough money to buy an new amp!
I'm into metal like Metallica, Pantera, System of a down. I also like Nirvana and stuff.

Which amp should i choose?!

Roland Cube 30X
Vox ad30vt
Last edited by Infernall at Mar 13, 2007,
Save it for a massive tube amp.

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
could you give me some examples? Btw im playing guitar for like 8 month's and i got a shitty stagg 10 watt amp
save it up for a marshall (half-)stack like the jcm 900 or buy an engl amp..
but if you öike metal..how about peavey?? and why do people always ask, let the sound decide!
You only live once, so give a **** and HAVE FUN!!!

Equipment:
Fender Fat Strat HSS
Les Paul Replica
Fender Frontman FM210R with 65watts
Boss DS-1
Korg AX3G Multieffect-Pedal
Get the AD series amp, but don't get the 30w version, save up a little more and get the 50W version, or maybe even the 100W version. If you do get theAd, make sure to switch out the tube in the preamp for a mesa/marshall tube. This costs about $20 US, and really improves the tone of the higher gain amp models, and for me, makes getting Daron's tone from System very easy. I havent tested the Marshall tube in the AD50VT, but the Mesa tube makes it kick ass! System of a Down rocks!
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Save up some more and get a good tube amp and not that Solid State/hybrid crap.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I say Cube30...

I wouldn't recommend a tube amp for someone whos only been playing 8 monthes... I've been playing 6 years I still haven't got one... (That's mainly cos I'm poor though >.<
I prefer the Vox, but for a guy primarily into metal, the Cube's probably the better choice.

You're looking at good amps for you, BTW. Eight months in, limited budget, these amps'll take you all the way to band practice. Plenty of built in effects, so you'll have a good idea what you want when it's time to upgrade.

Bunch of tube snobs in here, me included, but you gotta go with what's right for your situation.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by SG Man Forever
Get the AD series amp, but don't get the 30w version, save up a little more and get the 50W version, or maybe even the 100W version. If you do get theAd, make sure to switch out the tube in the preamp for a mesa/marshall tube. This costs about $20 US, and really improves the tone of the higher gain amp models, and for me, makes getting Daron's tone from System very easy. I havent tested the Marshall tube in the AD50VT, but the Mesa tube makes it kick ass! System of a Down rocks!

lol humping mr ibanez4lyfe's much are we? holy shit.

Marshall don't make tubes.

Mesa don't make them either, just re-brand them.

Neither companies use excessively good tubes, either.

You're basically just telling him to swap out the 12ax7 preamp tube for something else. Obviously, one of a higher quality would be the choice of benefit. You can go several different ways with that, of course, such as tubes meant for lower gain or higher gain, etc.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Mar 9, 2007,
Maybe i can save up more money cause i'll wait anyway with buying an amp.
Should i stay with this then or should i got for more watts or a tube amp. I dont think I need a massive amp cause il just keep it for home as practice or with a band in the future.
The cube is more centered to metal from what I have heard. Its a nice amp for a cheap solid state. I would however save up for the 60 watt. It will give you more headroom and I think it can play over drums if you would ever need it. Dont listen to all the save up for huge tube people, decent high gain tube amps are costly. For somebody who has played less than a year and are going from a cheap 10 watt SS amp to a roland cube, it will be a nice differance. There decent amps really. I have played a few of them and the vox once or twice.
Quote by Muppet
Save up some more and get a good tube amp and not that Solid State/hybrid crap.

It depends, it's only crap if your pre-amp section is tube and the power is SS. If your pre is solid and your power it Tube, that's actually more ideal than tube pre-amp, unless you are looking for pre-amp gain.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
get the cube, if its only been 8 months thats all you need, ive been playing over 3 years and still have a 10 watt squire amp that came with my first guitar because despite having the money to buy an amp that doesnt mean you can justify the purchase.
as a vox owner i like the distortion i can get from my 15 w..
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by slatsmania
I prefer the Vox, but for a guy primarily into metal, the Cube's probably the better choice.

You're looking at good amps for you, BTW. Eight months in, limited budget, these amps'll take you all the way to band practice. Plenty of built in effects, so you'll have a good idea what you want when it's time to upgrade.

Bunch of tube snobs in here, me included, but you gotta go with what's right for your situation.

+1

just try them both out. if you are gonna go for the vox try to get the 50 cause it's got a better speaker. but you should really got for the cube if you play mostly metal.
Quote by FrenchBread
It depends, it's only crap if your pre-amp section is tube and the power is SS. If your pre is solid and your power it Tube, that's actually more ideal than tube pre-amp, unless you are looking for pre-amp gain.

How many amps do you know of out there that are hybrids with a tube poweramp?
I've tried the roland cube 30 and i really like it, and I think the cube 30 X is even better.
I'll give the vox a try too and check it out.
Buy a good clean and overdriven amp. Like Orange/Marshall or any others. Maybe you could get a Peavy transtube for around the price of a 30x. If you buy an amplifier now, maybe you won't get another for a few years, so buy one that has a nice clean andtakes pedals well. Cube's take pedals like you take vomit. bad. Orange/Marshall FTW!
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
I've come to the conclusion really like the cube 30. Maybe i should buy a roland cube 60. How do you guys think about the roland cube 60.

Is it worth to save up extra money for the cube 60?
Last edited by Infernall at Mar 10, 2007,
Quote by Infernall
Is it worth to save up extra money for the cube 60?

If you really like it, and think you might be jamming with bass and drums sometime soon, then it's probably worth it. Comes down to how long it's gonna take you to save vs. how much longer you can deal with your current amp, I guess.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Infernall
i can't live with my stagg 10w. I feel like throwing it out of the window

If you really want to get the Cube 30, then get it.

Or if you want to deal with it longer then I guess it'll be a good idea to buy a Cube 60
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by korinaflyingv
1: Peavey Heritage

one of them musicman amps too. Hybrid with power section is possible, and the power section is where the tube amp's tone is mostly derived.
I've come to the conclusion im going for the cube not for the vox.
Are there more reactions if i should take the 30 or 60?