Hello all,

New to the guitar world, contemplating replacing my Yamaha FD01 for the J. Turser J. Jr. My Yamaha is starting to sound twangy. Not sure if this is because it was a lower end package deal since Yamaha typically makes nice stuff. Anyways the local shop has the J. Jr's on sale and they seem to pack alot of goodies for the low price tag (electrical acoustic with cut out, built in tuner). It sounded pretty good for my amatuer plucking, but I'm hoping to get some experienced reviews on this product. Anybody familiar with this guitar?
Quote by hundy
Hello all,

New to the guitar world, contemplating replacing my Yamaha FD01 for the J. Turser J. Jr. My Yamaha is starting to sound twangy. Not sure if this is because it was a lower end package deal since Yamaha typically makes nice stuff. Anyways the local shop has the J. Jr's on sale and they seem to pack alot of goodies for the low price tag (electrical acoustic with cut out, built in tuner). It sounded pretty good for my amatuer plucking, but I'm hoping to get some experienced reviews on this product. Anybody familiar with this guitar?

My friend has a Jay Jr, its a piece of shit. Im sorry man but its true, I actually saw a homeless guy downtown playing a Jay Jr hahahaha. But yeah man, don't get it. Save up $200 and invest in a Yamaha or Washburn.
Thanks for the advice, the guy in the shop was really praising them. I tried looking up reviews on these and came up with absolutely none. That homeless guy should post his review...... Anyways I got a Yamaha FD01 from my wife for Christmas that she picked up from Costco for 150, complete with stand, bag, and extra strings. After a few months of playing I'm noticing massive buzzing and I can actually see a kink in the neck when I look down it. Obviously Costco won't set this up and the local music shops charge around 40 for that service. So now this guitar will have cost 190 with a set up and I'm wondering if I should just return it and go to a local shop to find something for 200, which they will service for the first year. Any Winnipegers out there with any recommendations for gutiars around 200 from a local shop? I don't care about accessories, just a great sounding guitar!
At that sort of price i highly recommend the Yamaha FG700S, it should be easy to find one, i would be surprised if a guitar shop didn't sell them.
Thats what I would do.
Great, I'll check that Guitar out today if the shops have it. Thanks.
man the fd01 is a pretty solid guitar, ive had this acoustic for a year and it sounds excellent but then again it sucks becaue theres no cutaway.. found it hard to learn on so i picked myself up a nice fender squier strat