I am looking to add some tuning keys to my ESP KH-II, but I don't want them to be visible to the audience. I am having the headstock custom painted and the keys are not working with the paint job, so I would like to take them out of the picture. Anybody know of a brand that makes keys that extend behing the headstock instead of down?
The keys don't work with the paint job? Get them in a different colour.
Come to think of it, no I don't!

You may have thought of something completely new there.
^^+1

As for keys that go behind the head, I know I've seen some that go back... hmmm, forget where though...

You can always get that guitar without any headstock at all... I hear the 80's versions of those guitars kick major tonal ass!
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Mar 9, 2007,
Try to find some keys that are completely semetrical so you can just rotate the tuning keys 180. The problem you may run into is you wont have enough room to turn the keys. But, as long as noone will see them, you could maybe grind them down and use a small adjustable wrench or something to turn them.
I'm hungry.
the problem with the steinburger is they may take center stage of your neck as they are very blocky and kind of ugly looking. Hmmm, maybe I'll make some of my own and sell on ebay...
I'm hungry.
You want banjo tuners. The tuning pegs stick out behind the headstock and so are not visible to the audience. Plus they are much quicker for changing tunings.

That's the best image I can find at the moment of an electric with them.
Older guitars and some classical guitars have them.

I can't seem to find any on teh internetz though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yeah the only ones I know of like this are the type of guitars that have no headstock, I think the tuning machines are in the back of the guitar
Hey ConfusedBirdman, next time simply click edit on a previous post and add to the old one, as opposed to posting 3 times in a row. It's somewhat annoying to read otherwise.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
sorry about that. I will post in one spot from now on. I just thought all 3 were about guitars and maybe I would get more replies. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I ordered the steinberger system.

Thanks