ok i have a behringer vamp 2 and the footswitch that came with it is a total waste of time. is there a better footswitch that is compatible with the vamp? cheers

i hardly use it anyway, cos i have a cube 60 which models and effects are far better quality. and the footswitches i have for that work a treat. but i am curious as to whether there is an upgrade for the vamp 2s footswitch as it would make it far more playable. just dont use the autowah, ever!
What is wrong with the footswitch that came with it?

Also what style of connection does it have?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

I have the same thing and i think its alright, But they have a big MIDI board u can buy. Its like 250-300 but its worth it.
theres a big delay from when you press the switch till it changes. its just a standard jack connection but i cant find a pedal that does the same as the one supplied. it has 2 switches, up and down channel.
hmm, i'm not really familiar with switches that bank up and down presets, sorry
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22

no bother. i checked out the behringer MIDI FCB1010, thats the big midi board dime forever was on about. it has the up and down selectors stuff and preset pedals and expression pedals and im sure it would be a lot better than the standard vamp2 footswitch. but it just seems a bit over the top for what i want. i cant seem to find a 'dual footswitch' that would do the up and down selections, just that huge pedal board.
From what I remember (I used to own one) the footswitch just had a stereo plug.

A new footswitch won't help you though; the delay will just stay. This was one of the reasons I sold it.
When you say delay, what do u mean? If you press the footswitch and keep your foot on the switch does the bank change, or does it only change when you release your foot?
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

when i press the footswitch it changes 'channels' say. as soon as you press it, it changes over but there is a delay, i think it might be just the processor or something in the vamp, and the next channel kicks in about half a second after it has been changed. so if you're playing and you need a quick change it'll sound like you missed your timing. but looking at it, thats prob the vamp itself rather than the footswitch. good old behringer.
I know wot u mean about the delay. It's a pain. Only time i ever use it now is for silent practice with my headphones on cause the delay makes it impossible to use live.
yeah. so i take it there is no way round it.

except using better equipment. i have a cube 60 which is ok. the effects on the vamp2 are nothing special though.