I was wondering if anyone knew if saving guitar pro to a flash drive on one computer and installing it on another computer with the flash drive would work? I have the program but my friend was wondering if this would work because he wants to get it. Sorry if this is wrong forum, didn't know where to put it.
It does work, I do it all the time. You can also run it off the flash drive if you want.
George Washigton IS the shit.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez Gax70 (Moded for Lefty)
-Dean ML XL
-Harmony Acoustic

-Dinosaur DG-35R Amp

-Homemade Wah Pedal
-Homemade Pocket-Sized Practice Amp
Just put the installer on your flash drive and have him install it on his computer.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Just note that to run it off the flash drive, you should INSTALL it to the flash drive. You can't just run it from the install.exe or anything like that. It seems common sense, but I've seen it confused often enough.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Yeah, that might work too. If it doesn't though, just reinstall to the flash drive.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Quote by Xeus
wish i had gp 5

Then go pay for it.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Then go pay for it.
Or don't....
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Quote by Revalk
Or don't....

+1.

EDIT: Were I to try this sometime, which are the crucial files? Or do you need them all?
R E G G A E
Quote by Revalk
Or don't....

Seriously, I can sort of understand (understand, not condone) illegally downloading a big expensive program that costs thousands of dollars, but it's freakin' $60. Some dude (or dudes) were cool enough to make this program that is very useful for learning songs and making music; they deserve something in return.

The price would be probably be $20 if all the cheap ****ers on the internet actually bought it instead of stole it.
Quote by utsapp89
With GP5 is it possible to connect your guitar through amp to computer and have GP5 capture the notes or chords when playing guitar?

Thanks
HellsBells1980
Quote by hellsbells1980
With GP5 is it possible to connect your guitar through amp to computer and have GP5 capture the notes or chords when playing guitar?

Thanks
HellsBells1980

Only if your guitar is MIDI-equipped.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Only if your guitar is MIDI-equipped.

It is NOT MIDI-equipped (Epiphone Les Paul). But thanks for the quick response.

HellsBells1980